2016/17 Predictions

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

A bit early but I'm curious as to how people think we will do next season.

Promotion? Relegation?

All I can imagine is a mid-table finish...
stanton101

I expect Hawkins to score 40+ and to win the league by Christmas. Then reality sets in and mid table mediocrity beckons
ARNU

How can we really say ? Normally we have a total clear out. This current squad if kept together would probably do ok. Having said that you could quite easily improve on half of them. I hope we can compete at least, something a bit more interesting than the last 5 years. Another season like this will just be grim.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

Hopefully with a smaller budget we can bin off having so many loans and blood in some decent youngsters on the fringes of the first team.

I don't expect us to bounce back any time soon either. The hangover of relegation will probably stick with us for a couple of years at least.

I also don't believe the board will pump money into the playing staff and will probably secure the club against the parachute payments.

On the whole I believe that there is a feeling around the club that we have had our day; we've punched above our weight for years and those years of having champagne taste with lemonade money have finally taken their toll.

It appears mid table conference is around our the expected level and as much as it pains me to say; that's about right.

By going down we might get our club back and start winning a few games.
Dagdale

Days of late is every fan's nightmare, but that's what makes us, the supporters a special breed. I really think John with his background of pulling some decent guys out of the lower realms will put this ahead almost straight away as when our fete is decided, starting down at bottom and gradually moving the club slowly up is the ultimate challenge again, our performances since our demise from League One has been so clear to watch , the writing's been on the wall too long, in a way the finish of 9th and 14th camouflaged it and now its become a deep pain, can't wait to see this season finish, depressing at the least. Pull out the stops and go and get Doey back and build the team around him or someone similar who holds the back line well and is an organizer and leader, and grab an Ogogu out there somewhere? I'd rather have a team built up from the Spartans Midland league who are prepared to give it all and raise their ability and chance to become good footballers, proud daggers one day? than players who don't get stuck in and fight. These things take time to mature so I'd be surprised if we hit the jackpot straight away, more like the following season, be worth the wait I'm sure hopefully, but wouldn't it be so much more special watching attractive football again.
ARNU

I think the saddest thing is that Waynes team last year with Bingham ,Howell ,Abs and Doey would have almost won this league this year or come very near.The standard has been shocking.The champions to be we beat them in their own manor.QA very dismal league this year so to be bottom of it and 9 adrift tells you something near the truth.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I think the saddest thing is that Waynes team last year with Bingham ,Howell ,Abs and Doey would have almost won this league this year or come very near.The standard has been shocking.The champions to be we beat them in their own manor.QA very dismal league this year so to be bottom of it and 9 adrift tells you something near the truth.

Our team of last year would win this years league? Bloody hell