really thankful

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
chasthedagger

I can remember when my old man took me to see the daggers when i was a kid, and we stood on the bank which is now the away stand, he died in the late seventies and if i could have told him that his daggers had made it into the football league he would have said not on your life son.
But we did and not only that but to league 1.
I am so thankful to John Still and the players that have given me so much pleasure over the past 9 years and before that in the conference, i have not mentioned Mr burnett but even he deserves some praise.
My memories will long outlive the disappointment of this season and reading the posts on here of the people just attacking the man who gave this club its finest period saddens me, be grateful of all the great games you have seen and wonderful experiences you have shared.
Maybe one day i can tell my old man all about it.
DI Mike Dashwood

Great post.
Corinthian

Well said - up the Daggers
The Romford Dagger

chasthedagger wrote:I can remember when my old man took me to see the daggers when i was a kid, and we stood on the bank which is now the away stand, he died in the late seventies and if i could have told him that his daggers had made it into the football league he would have said not on your life son.
But we did and not only that but to league 1.
I am so thankful to John Still and the players that have given me so much pleasure over the past 9 years and before that in the conference, i have not mentioned Mr burnett but even he deserves some praise.
My memories will long outlive the disappointment of this season and reading the posts on here of the people just attacking the man who gave this club its finest period saddens me, be grateful of all the great games you have seen and wonderful experiences you have shared.
Maybe one day i can tell my old man all about it.
Well said
IanC

In the boozer in oxford for tonights game and jesus what a feckin awesome post my friend.
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:In the boozer in oxford for tonights game and jesus what a feckin awesome post my friend.
Good luck tonight hopefully the lads will get a result for you regular away dayers. Good original post.
redboy

I hope that the majority of daggers will fully agree with the lead post. If it wasn't for John Still, we would never have got near the Football League. I don't agree with some of his recent team selections, but tbh the damage was done pre xmas. The board need to look at themselves and ask if they are worthy of controlling a professional football club. Yes a football club, not an old boys drinking club. The hurt from this season cuts deep, but one day I will sit back and reflect as yourself my friend that I have seen things that my father would never have dreamt of.
ARNU

Great post. Football forums are about differing opinions. We all know the truth and us that stand there in all weathers are all sensible enough to understand the limitations of such a small club. As I've said all along Alex Ferguson would not be able to change things for us this season , someone has to finish 24th this season it's us. I'm actually looking forward to playing new teams and possibly competing in the conference this league 2 lark bores me to death.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !