Academy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Now relegation is a pretty much nailed in certainty isnt there a valid case for sending all the youth loanee players back to their parent clubs, packing our international quality players off to their home nations (permanently), ditching every single one of the gutless ***** that blatantly dont care a toss for our club and promote a number from within our much lauded academy??

What the ****** is there to lose?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

You're watching a different team to me if you think they're all 'gutless ***** who blatantly don't give a toss'.
dagger4eva

Really?

Ones I can say APPEAR to 'give a toss' would be O'Brien, Cousins, Labadie, Doidge, Cureton.

Apparantly yet again, O'Brien was the only player who had it in him to go over to the away fans to applaud their efforts.
Does that sound like a squad of 'daggers' to you?
sjh-8

I agree. I think that O'Brian definitely seems to care. Maybe Cureton too.
Bluenose

Everton wasn't gutless.
Whitehawk away wasn''t gutless.
Plymouth at home wasn't gutless
Mansfield away wasn't gutless

Yes, When we've got well beaten - Barnet away, WB's last match, Oxford JPT/tonight - it''s because we have poor players or are poorly organised. Not a lack of guts.

Just wait till when we are banging 'em in for fun against Solihull Moors next season - it won't be because we have more guts than them, it will be because we have better players.
ARNU

We are just not good enough. That's all. Have you ever had a full on fight that ended with a bloody Nose,black eye and numerous cuts and bruises? I have. I got properly ****** up.I lost .At no time during the proceedings was I not trying to win. The other fella was just better at fighting then me. My opponent was a trained boxer with a very unhealthy appetite for violence . In that scenario I was Dagenham he was Oxford.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Its gotta be the lowest the club has sunk for a very long time, days like these are hard to comprehend but I hope we can remember and learn from this awful season well, I actually think now John has got with all his vast experience one hell of a job coming up now to stabilise this little club and try and move upwards, morale must be at an all time low with the players, its a big challenge for everyone concerned, fans included. Winning games brings punters in, losing games with no fight loses many. Its a big worry.
steeevooo

Ordinarily I would agree that now would be a good time to consider "bleeding" in some of our academy players, but let's be honest - it would appear that none of them are good enough to deserve first team football in the Football League at the moment. Ian Gayle has been given a few opportunities and never looked particularly comfortable, and he is the player that is out on loan at the highest level at the moment...and that is in a hugely struggling Welling United side (23rd in Conference). A lot of our youngsters are/have been out on loan at Barkingside (23rd in Ryman Division 1 North), which would hardly indicate that they are considered good enough for a decent standard just yet. Then again, as they're all used to playing for sh*t teams and struggling, maybe they're perfect fits for us right now!