Just rubbish!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:We spent the first half of the season trying to "play football" which involved a series of square passes followed by Andre Boucaud putting someone under pressure, often one of the centre halves, with a short pass when they were under pressure. Worked a treat especially when we won a free kick around the half way line and turned down an opportunity to get the ball forwrd and pressure the oppo.
Well that is an example of "football" being played badly. Forget players and personalities, are you saying you'd prefer direct football ?
ill answer that
yes i prefer direct football all day long players fluffing around with the ball costs goals and points. center backs are there for defending not dribbling or tappy tappy football. its diff if your barcelona and brought up like that but we are not were english and we like the crunching tackle a nice long pass and a decent cross into the box. being a west ham fan you should know alot about that. poncy football like arsenal wins bugger all at our level, only 1 team since ive been at daggers played good football well and that was brentford.

getting the ball forward quickly doesnt mean launching it to a midget uptop. its putting it into a area you now your teammate will be able to receive the ball creating a attack.
you stereo typing still here as i dont see long balls hoofed aimlessly like you or a few are but i know giving players the ball who are not comfortable on it is the way to get relegated.

i know you tongue in cheek pffft post earlier about hyam being younger and impressionable was well simply bolox but i hope he learns to hoof it faster as atleast twice saturday he should of cost us a goal, 1 in first 5 mins where if he simply bangs it down the line towards winger then no danger.
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

Not a huge long ball fan... but compared to watching Boucard at times this season fluff a two yard pass thirty yards from our own goal after an unnecessary drag back or step over... I'll take the hoof
The Romford Dagger

steeevooo wrote:Completely understand your point in regard to us fielding loan players from other teams academies D4E, and it's a common source of frustration for many supporters - I'm equally bamboozled as to how, for example, Dom Hyam gets into our side ahead of one of our own players in Clevid Dikamona. The distinction to make is that the players from the other academies are (arguably) competent to play at around our level (i.e. lower League 2 / Conference standard), whereas our academy players are (arguably) only competent enough to play at around the level of lower Ryman Premier / Ryman Div 1. To suddenly propel these players into a League 2 battle would most likely be disastrous, not only results wise but also in terms of the development of the players due to the vast leap in quality.

That said, it would be interesting to know how many of our current academy squad do people anticipate ever making meaningful appearances (as opposed to the 2 minute cameo by Mason Bloomfield) for the Daggers first team in the future?
Oh yes I'd forgotten about that. What a stupid move that was. Game over, everyone hoping for the whistle and suddenly we all (well those in the ground still) see the sub board go up and the entire ground could be heard to mutter 'who the ****** is that?'. Completely pointless sub and I don't think he touched the ball even.

Does he even still play for us?
steeevooo

The Romford Dagger wrote:
steeevooo wrote:Completely understand your point in regard to us fielding loan players from other teams academies D4E, and it's a common source of frustration for many supporters - I'm equally bamboozled as to how, for example, Dom Hyam gets into our side ahead of one of our own players in Clevid Dikamona. The distinction to make is that the players from the other academies are (arguably) competent to play at around our level (i.e. lower League 2 / Conference standard), whereas our academy players are (arguably) only competent enough to play at around the level of lower Ryman Premier / Ryman Div 1. To suddenly propel these players into a League 2 battle would most likely be disastrous, not only results wise but also in terms of the development of the players due to the vast leap in quality.

That said, it would be interesting to know how many of our current academy squad do people anticipate ever making meaningful appearances (as opposed to the 2 minute cameo by Mason Bloomfield) for the Daggers first team in the future?
Oh yes I'd forgotten about that. What a stupid move that was. Game over, everyone hoping for the whistle and suddenly we all (well those in the ground still) see the sub board go up and the entire ground could be heard to mutter 'who the ****** is that?'. Completely pointless sub and I don't think he touched the ball even.

Nope, he's currently playing for Witham Town (18th in the Ryman Division 1 North) having been released by Grays earlier in the season.
The Romford Dagger

steeevooo wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

Nope, he's currently playing for Witham Town (18th in the Ryman Division 1 North) having been released by Grays earlier in the season.
Blimey!