Cheltenham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
mickeyblue

situation like doe is whats wrong with this season for me. we had a player that loved the club, was always doing the stuff that nobody wanted ie stadium tours,
how he gets to go to a lower division and we get notsoworthy is beyond me.it wasnt that we spent our budget as got in players on loan plenty of times during season, even getting rid of partridge.

doe should of been our captain this year and beyond.

the howell situation is exactly the same. granted technically there not the best but id take there spirit and determination to win over any of our players this season.

as for us coming straight back up with this lot dont make me laugh. out of saturdays line up including subs id keep 3 players obrien passley and doidge.

after plodding around the bottom last few seasons id love a playoff championship run but cannot see it.
but we finished 9th!
DI Mike Dashwood

I agree with Lee, I think there are quite a few players who are not as bad as being made out, it has just been the overall situation and make up of the squad which is the issue.

I don't rate either of the keepers personally, which I know others won't agree with. Both good shot-stoppers, but they are ten-a-penny. Neither commands their area or deals well with crosses etc. At the back I think Clevid is decent player, would keep him, have seen much worse turn out for us. Worrall is good player, although lacks concentration I think, but he is not ours anyway. Hoyte is solid, have seen a lot worse than him.

In midfield Labadie has done well, although I think he has gone backwards under Stilly in all honesty, where he is playing in a more advanced role. Passley has been one of our better players and I think is more than adequate at this level. Hemmings blows hot and cold but again, have seen a lot worse. Up top Doidgey has done ok, McClure has done alright when used correctly and the Big Man is here to stay as you can tell from what Stilly has written about him. JC has obviously been great player at a higher level, but with the way we are playing now etc am not sure he will fit in.

I think if we kept Clevid, Passley, Labadie, Hemmings, Doidge/McClure, Hawkins we would have makings of decent side. The thing is, we are more likely to lose these kind of players and be left with those not quite up to it!!!