In the interest of fairness.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Get your arnu bingo cards out because I have now got to wheel out the "Wayne finished 9th and 14th in that 2 and a half years" line. But let's remember what a fluke that was and give him no credit at all for any good he did while we sit 24th 10 points adrift.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Somebody commented on a goal scorer was needed in January . That's been the trouble over the years tho has it not . Last year Cureton was on fire and weather you liked him or not if he had been in half the form he was in last year another half dozen points would have been in the bag at the time of his sacking and there is no way in this world would he had gone at the time he did .

Let's face it we hardly had a prolific goal scorer since Benson went , other the Gayle and to a lesser extent Luke Norris until JC showed up we had one disaster after another in this vital area of the pitch.

Goals not only change games they also change opinions if we had an extra six points at the time of him leaving would that have made us any better to watch , of course it would not have done but we would of been bang on par as to where most of us would have expected us to be.

The two goal leads weakly surrendered against Mansfield , Yeovil and Newport would have left us with all still to play for add in the injury time equalisers against Plymouth and Wycombe and we would be confident still. Don't matter how poor we have been the players here got us into all those winning positions so it's only their inability to see games out has left us where we are.

When that equaliser went in against Whitehawk I remember somebody saying it's not a case of this team not being able to win its a case they have forgotten how to.

John came in and immediatly signed a player that I thought was needed , luke Gutteridge , he was starting to show something against Wycombe ,the warrior that might have made all the difference. Fate gave us all another kick in the bollocks when he went off injured with a broken bone.

That may have been enough , enough to paper over one brutal truth and that is if you have not got a 15-20 goal a season Striker then you are only heading one way. Both Managers have not had this Player to rescue and rectify mistakes made in other areas of the pitch and as a result that is why we are going down
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh yes and Reece Murphy who i left out. Which proves the point if you got a 15-20 goal a season striker it keeps you out the shit no matter how poor you are.
mickeyblue

oh ffs hurry up and play some games, its like a broken record on here.

burnett has gone, still is here end bloody off

i doubt anybody wanted either but thats not our choice so shut the ****** up your boring.

sussex is right but we could of had harry kane up top this season and still struggled due to being utter crap, games we have dominated i can count on 1 hand and 4 of those have been whil still was here. infact if stilly been here since begining of season ill put arnu's hat on that we would be 15th atleast
but we finished 9th!
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:Get your arnu bingo cards out because I have now got to wheel out the "Wayne finished 9th and 14th in that 2 and a half years" line. But let's remember what a fluke that was and give him no credit at all for any good he did while we sit 24th 10 points adrift.

NOB
ARNU

bloke down the pub wrote:
ARNU wrote:Get your arnu bingo cards out because I have now got to wheel out the "Wayne finished 9th and 14th in that 2 and a half years" line. But let's remember what a fluke that was and give him no credit at all for any good he did while we sit 24th 10 points adrift.

NOB
Got a job yet ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Somebody commented on a goal scorer was needed in January . That's been the trouble over the years tho has it not . Last year Cureton was on fire and weather you liked him or not if he had been in half the form he was in last year another half dozen points would have been in the bag at the time of his sacking and there is no way in this world would he had gone at the time he did .

Let's face it we hardly had a prolific goal scorer since Benson went , other the Gayle and to a lesser extent Luke Norris until JC showed up we had one disaster after another in this vital area of the pitch.

Goals not only change games they also change opinions if we had an extra six points at the time of him leaving would that have made us any better to watch , of course it would not have done but we would of been bang on par as to where most of us would have expected us to be.

The two goal leads weakly surrendered against Mansfield , Yeovil and Newport would have left us with all still to play for add in the injury time equalisers against Plymouth and Wycombe and we would be confident still. Don't matter how poor we have been the players here got us into all those winning positions so it's only their inability to see games out has left us where we are.

When that equaliser went in against Whitehawk I remember somebody saying it's not a case of this team not being able to win its a case they have forgotten how to.

John came in and immediatly signed a player that I thought was needed , luke Gutteridge , he was starting to show something against Wycombe ,the warrior that might have made all the difference. Fate gave us all another kick in the bollocks when he went off injured with a broken bone.

That may have been enough , enough to paper over one brutal truth and that is if you have not got a 15-20 goal a season Striker then you are only heading one way. Both Managers have not had this Player to rescue and rectify mistakes made in other areas of the pitch and as a result that is why we are going down
Only sixteen of the 24 sides actually have a goalscorer with double figures for goals this season and only 6 teams with a striker on the 15 mark at the time of writing.

Admittedly there's only 8 games to go but I still say less than half the sides will have a goalscorer on the 15 mark,
SUSSEX DAGGER

That's interesting Romford,, we are getting relegated from a very poor league by the sounds of it which makes It even harder to swallow.

All we needed by the sounds of it was a player who could score on average one goal very 4.5 hours and we would beenwhere everybody would have at least hoped to have been .

Seems so easy don't it when you put it like that especially when both Manages have gone on record as saying would be more worried if we were not creating chances.

A few quid spent on a out of favour proven goal scorer aka Benson or a Tubbs could have saved all this heartache . Sadly all of our Strikers have failed to cut it this season , yes they all work hard but have fallen way short of what is required , which by your research Romford proves the bar is not that high.
dagger4eva

One manager spent Aug-Dec stating our players werent good enough.

One manager has spent Jan-Mar stating the game is won in both boxes.

In the main we appear to have got to grips with our own box, just not the other.

Thr truth probably lies somewhere between the two camps
daggersjeff

Somewhere between the two camps.....That would be a crap midfield then????

:?
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:

NOB
Got a job yet ?

Got any in your home.