In the interest of fairness.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Given how after Waynes first 12 games in charge you wanted him out do you think that John still has done any better to deserve being allowed to stay on next season? If we take it that you were right and Wayne should have been chucked out after his terrible interim period surely still has to go right now? Or do you have mitigating circumstances for still to stay. Or could it be you were just a little bit harsh on Wayne Burnett.. Surely six points from 16 games is a sacking offence ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Oh but hang on we can just blame Wayne so nothing still does requires him to take any responsibility because he was such a hero 10 years ago.Still Out!!! Just supposing we lose all our remaining games will that mean he has to go or are we going to give him a pass on that as well?
stanton101

I didn't think it was possible to have two equally hopeless managers in the same season, but low and behold here we are cut adrift and going down quicker than a whores drawers. I didn't think much of Wayne as a manager but I think even less of JS. I've said many times it was a mistake to have him back and sadly I've been proved right. The job should have been offered out to someone with no previous connections to the club, but the board gave it to the good old boy and we are now well and truly ******.
Mike the Dagger

I refer you to the several other threads on this subject.

No need to thank me.
NBDag

If we're going by 16 games (which includes Everton and Stevenage) it would be 12 points that we've gained since. If we exclude those games it's 9 points from 14. You have these long things on your hands called fingers, try using them when counting. It helped when I was a kid. Does get tricky after 10 though I'll give you that.

But regardless neither are great records. However it would be a sackable record if it was for a team that were decent. When Still came back we were a pile of crap and him coming in and clicking his fingers doesn't change that. So I wouldn't sack him for our performance this season. With hindsight we were going down regardless of who was in charge.

This season is a lost cause and it's not worth moaning about anymore. We were deluded to think anyone could get us out of this mess. Judge Still on next season. If the so called King of the Conference can't get us out next year then yeah- I'd say consider sacking him.
ARNU

So you obviously credit still with the Stevenage win which I think is rather dubious. Basically what you are saying is that John still could lose the last eight games and you will still blame that on the previous manager.The fact he's added new players and chosen the tactics and done really shit is all excusable. Even if you credit John still with the Stevenage game win (which is fackin ridiculous because it suits your agenda obviously. You would not have accepted this from Wayne and you know it. Criticise my calculations all you like it's still very shit isn't it? My point here is that you wanted Wb gone after his interim period which wasn't great . Still has had 16-17 games whatever and it's just as bad innit ? 2 more defeats (which know we will have)and I'm sure his average will be even worse than WB.
Mark

Not a lot wrong with the tactics or performances. If we had a goalscorer we'd have about another 6 points at least and still be in with a shout. How do you suppose he finds a goalscorer willing to join us in Jan? Do they often want to join the bottom club on peanuts?
Diggerthedog

The two West Ham fans Stanton & Arnu as angry as ever :lol: :lol: :lol:
NBDag

ARNU wrote:So you obviously credit still with the Stevenage win which I think is rather dubious. Basically what you are saying is that John still could lose the last eight games and you will still blame that on the previous manager.The fact he's added new players and chosen the tactics and done really shit is all excusable. Even if you credit John still with the Stevenage game win (which is fackin ridiculous because it suits your agenda obviously. You would not have accepted this from Wayne and you know it. Criticise my calculations all you like it's still very shit isn't it? My point here is that you wanted Wb gone after his interim period which wasn't great . Still has had 16-17 games whatever and it's just as bad innit ? 2 more defeats (which know we will have)and I'm sure his average will be even worse than WB.
Didn't say I credited him with Stevenage. But you said 16 which includes that? Also includes Everton which is silly to include that in something points related. I then changed it to exclude those games just to show it wasn't what you're claiming. Give up talking about people's agendas. You're making it out as if there's a group meeting up weekly to discuss how to destroy Burnett. Makes you sound silly.

I just said I wouldn't sack him. What I was trying to say is that our team is hopeless and no one could save us, looking back at it. If Wayne was the person in charge now then yeah I probably would be angrier over it. But that's because he's the one who put us in this mess in the first place and you can't deny that. Still was just told to try and get us out of it. But you can't cure what's terminal.

And I didn't go around calling for Wayne to be sacked after his first 16 games. I don't like the culture of sacking managers who haven't done a full year. Don't go making accusations you can't back up. Makes you sound silly. See a pattern emerging here?
daggersjeff

Didn't want Judas John back here anyway!!!

And now we are stuck with him next fecking season as well!!

Thinks its part of his master plan to get another couple of years contract......we all know he is a good conference manager.....so if he gets us back up next season...or even to the play offs.....our blind board will be falling over themselves to give him an extension......

We need a manager with AMBITION!!!

We need a board with AMBITION!!!

We need players with AMBITION AND PASSION!!!
ARNU

If you read my shit thoroughly you'd see I acknowledge the difficulty any manager would have running this club with its finances and low support. I just need you to recognise Wb was no better or worse than JS. Then I will shut up. This will require a great deal of swallowed pride in some cases. I'm just amused by the fact that I'm wrong quite a lot and others never are.
dagger4eva

Cant believe I'm even responding to this but here goes.

No-one on this forum has EVER said running / managing the club wasn't a difficult job.

What you fail to grasp from the several threads on the same subject is that despite the difficulty of the job ("hardest job in football" according to Mrs Burnett) her hubby signed almost an entire squad full of players that were either not good enough and/or didn't have the mind set / heart what it takes to play for our club.

Like it or not, John Still inherited that same rabble of a squad and is having to work with that bar 5 loan players from various other clubs' academies.

I'm afraid the saying goes - you cant polish a turd.

WB was an atrocious manager and I believe we are well rid.

If we are in the same position next December as we was the last under Stilly I will be calling for his head also.

Until then............

Yes he
NBDag

ARNU wrote:If you read my shit thoroughly you'd see I acknowledge the difficulty any manager would have running this club with its finances and low support. I just need you to recognise Wb was no better or worse than JS. Then I will shut up. This will require a great deal of swallowed pride in some cases. I'm just amused by the fact that I'm wrong quite a lot and others never are.
Bit hard to read it thoroughly because as you said- it's shit.

But anyway- I'm not going to say he is better or worse than Burnett. You can't compare 3 months against 2 and whatever years. I will say that we wouldn't be anywhere different with Burnett still here, but it's hard to be lower than the bottom.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:I didn't think it was possible to have two equally hopeless managers in the same season, but low and behold here we are cut adrift and going down quicker than a whores drawers. I didn't think much of Wayne as a manager but I think even less of JS. I've said many times it was a mistake to have him back and sadly I've been proved right. The job should have been offered out to someone with no previous connections to the club, but the board gave it to the good old boy and we are now well and truly ******.
You think less of john still than Wayne Burnett. Mate that's ridiculous
stanton101

Since Stevenage ( as there seems to be a squabble over who did what) our record is

Played 15
Won 2
Lost 10
Drew 3

Goals for 10
Goals against 24

I'd say that pretty much sums it up really. We may by a miracle earn some points in our remaining matches against Morecambe and Crawley. But everyone else has something to play for so forget anything but embarrassment from the other six fixtures. Johnny conference has found his level, pity it's not league football.