Pompey Have Sold Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

admin wrote:Fair Play to Portsmouth, they'll probably have closer to 2000 as some will sneak in the home end. Being outnumbered at home is simply embarrassing, there's no way of dressing it up.

The more I think about it, there's things we can do to help boost attendances and we're not doing them, so it's the clubs own fault for poor attendances
Like what? Our attendances are shit due to the local population not having football in there make up and the fact we have several huge long established clubs around us. Morecambe have a nice new shiny ground and average 300-400 less than us!
IanC

Well said digger,God ive read some shite on here but bloody hell.This team were in the feckin premiership a fews years ago,they are ****** Portsmouth we are Dagenham!What would be embarrassing is if they didn't outnumber us,reality check people please.And while I'm here stop moaning about going down,relegation and promotion is what it's all about and has been since land of time.Yes we will be disappointed but we know where we are going,and I would have chopped me arm off if anyone would have said we would be in the league for 9 years and all that with promotion party at Wembley!Its been a great ride but we now look forward to the national league and I'm really looking forward to it,there's gonna be some terrific trips,some old some new and I will even get to a couple I played against in my own playing days.So come August we embrace it,move on another chapter begins in this great little club of ours,yes mistakes have been made,that's life so let's pull together and crack on.Always proud to be a dagger whatever league we're in.
steeevooo

Well said IanC.
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:Well said digger,God ive read some shite on here but bloody hell.This team were in the feckin premiership a fews years ago,they are ****** Portsmouth we are Dagenham!What would be embarrassing is if they didn't outnumber us,reality check people please.And while I'm here stop moaning about going down,relegation and promotion is what it's all about and has been since land of time.Yes we will be disappointed but we know where we are going,and I would have chopped me arm off if anyone would have said we would be in the league for 9 years and all that with promotion party at Wembley!Its been a great ride but we now look forward to the national league and I'm really looking forward to it,there's gonna be some terrific trips,some old some new and I will even get to a couple I played against in my own playing days.So come August we embrace it,move on another chapter begins in this great little club of ours,yes mistakes have been made,that's life so let's pull together and crack on.Always proud to be a dagger whatever league we're in.
We might win some game too Mr. C :P
stanton101

Hardly surprising is it, they normally take more away than we've had at home games this season. They may well go up whereas we're off to Guisely!
dagger4eva

Diggerthedog wrote:
admin wrote:Fair Play to Portsmouth, they'll probably have closer to 2000 as some will sneak in the home end. Being outnumbered at home is simply embarrassing, there's no way of dressing it up.

The more I think about it, there's things we can do to help boost attendances and we're not doing them, so it's the clubs own fault for poor attendances
Like what? Our attendances are shit due to the local population not having football in there make up and the fact we have several huge long established clubs around us. Morecambe have a nice new shiny ground and average 300-400 less than us!
Not to mention we have a team that have managed 1 league win at home in almost 12 months.
Is it REALLY surprising crowds have dropped?

I say milk Portsmouth and their supporters for every penny we can (whilst we have the chance) and give ourselves the best possible chance of a bit of success next season.

Happily give them 4000 tickets and stick beer in the away bar up to 4 quid a pint.
admin
Site Admin

Sorry to spoil the party but I don't agree with what's been posted on here (even if I'm the only one). There's a number of things this club can be doing better, I can write you an essay on it if you really like.

I'm not going to do all this "proud to be a Dagger" stuff now, obviously Dagenham are my team but I think more could of been done. Just think about the hard work we put in to get into the football league and how this season we have thrown it all away and we are going down without a fight. If we lose games, if we get relegated that's fine, you can't win them all. But to be relegated like this is a disgrace. The team is a mess, the club is mess, this year has been totally unacceptable.
Pondfield Dagger

just give us carling standand and behind goal, that will do us.... give Portsmouth the whole sieve, marie celeste and building stand, they would sell 4k easily...
stanton101

admin wrote:Sorry to spoil the party but I don't agree with what's been posted on here (even if I'm the only one). There's a number of things this club can be doing better, I can write you an essay on it if you really like.

I'm not going to do all this "proud to be a Dagger" stuff now, obviously Dagenham are my team but I think more could of been done. Just think about the hard work we put in to get into the football league and how this season we have thrown it all away and we are going down without a fight. If we lose games, if we get relegated that's fine, you can't win them all. But to be relegated like this is a disgrace. The team is a mess, the club is mess, this year has been totally unacceptable.
Agreed, a total f..k up from, ironically the first game of the season at Pompey.
Anyone who thinks we'll do well next season needs more tablets.
Diggerthedog

admin wrote:Sorry to spoil the party but I don't agree with what's been posted on here (even if I'm the only one). There's a number of things this club can be doing better, I can write you an essay on it if you really like.

A lot of people say there are things we could be done better with crowds but it never changes. The club have done many things on this subject but its fighting a losing battle. What would your try?

Yes this it a write off season but we go again next year in a not to dissimilar division. Like IanC it will be refreshing to be in the Vanarama rather than just treading water at this level.
IanC

bit of a daft post by admin really,i would have thought that most clubs who get relegated are in a bit of a mess and mistakes on and off the field get made, and that's why your going down.Its how you overcome them and I can assure you this club was in a damn sight worse mess the last time we got relegated!Thats why as I said hopefully you learn from them stay together and go again,and if we get the same reaction as before we will be fine.
IanC

oh and by the way you could never spoil any of our daggers party,its been years and years of partying!A great crack.
IanC

win draw or lose back on the booze!
Dagdale

Our make up has never said were here for the long stay, last couple of season's did turn it when it mattered most, feel this season like admin, totally let down because if we can produce(like of recent) a first half like Newport and a second half like Notts County, why the fcuk couldn't we have done better in a 90 minute match full time and on and on?
The Romford Dagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:just give us carling standand and behind goal, that will do us.... give Portsmouth the whole sieve, marie celeste and building stand, they would sell 4k easily...
Well they wouldn't sell that many to be fair but I see you point.