Transfer rumours

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Sky already reporting that Bradford are in for Murphy to replace Nakhi Wells... didn't take the papers long this transfer window
SUSSEX DAGGER

A Striker who cant head interesting Bradford mmmmmm
Mike the Dagger

And so, it begins...

Apparently Coventry City also interested in Murphy. I thought they went bust though?

I hope we hold out for a realistic fee at least.
ARNU

Well he'll have to learn to jump and head and track back a bit more if he's gonna get a regular first team place at either of those teams.

Is he that good ? I mean I like him but we do do get a bit excited don't we.Woodall a point in question,1 minute rumours of Villa,Notts forest and others the next...cant get a place in our squad and ends up at Dover.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Murphy isn't there to track back. He's supposed to stay up top near their central defenders so we have an outlet when we get the ball and so he can catch teams on the break.
His goal at home to York is a great example of this - had he been tracking back he'd not have been in the position he was and wouldn't have scored that goal.

The biggest problem is that recently he's had very little support. At times there is no team mate within 30 yards of him.

Not sure why people want him to be heading either. What's he supposed to do? Flick it on to himself? He isn't going to win anything against defenders that have a few inches on him and are allowed to man handle him anyway. And besides, we're supposed to be playing football now, not hoofing it. Not much use for a decent header of the ball in that.
Ilford Dagger

I thought Coventry had 2 of the leading scorers in Lge 1 already (Leon Clarke & Callum Wilson(?) ), unless they intend selling one of them to raise much needed funds.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Well he'll have to learn to jump and head and track back a bit more if he's gonna get a regular first team place at either of those teams.

Is he that good ? I mean I like him but we do do get a bit excited don't we.Woodall a point in question,1 minute rumours of Villa,Notts forest and others the next...cant get a place in our squad and ends up at Dover.
Murphy isn't really comparable to Woodall. Woodall's problem was professionalism, Murphy has been at a professional club all the time during his career, he knows how it works, we was Woodall's first pro club.
ARNU

When we're down to ten men it'd be nice if Murphy could get back and help out rather than goal hang and also maybe not get caught offside 15 times a game might attract the big boys.,and to say he dosent need to jump/head the ball is just arguing with me for the sake of it.Has he scored for us with a header yet ? We have enough corners don't we ?Its not like hes not getting service like the last 2 seasons is it.
Point being,you need to have a bit of everything if you are going to progress up the leagues.John Still would hate him wouldn't he.Glad we aint playing hoofy anymore.Hes a good player and will definitely go on to bigger and better things than D&R but lets not kid ourselves he's Van persie just 'cos hes good for us.
Daggers No 2 Fan

When were down to 10 men, we need someone to stay up top and provide an outlet when we get the ball.
That's exactly what he did against Wimbledon. If he wasnt doing what wasn't required of him the manager would have let him know about it. That didn't happen.

He isn't perfect, but you're essentially moaning about him playing the way he does and in a way that clearly works given the goals he's scored.
He's not a player that most people would expect to score headers from corners. What he will do is get on the end of knock downs and scrambles at corners.
You seem to think players have to have every ability. They don't. There are players at Premier League level that can't do everything you'd expect of someone in that position.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:When were down to 10 men, we need someone to stay up top and provide an outlet when we get the ball.
That's exactly what he did against Wimbledon. If he wasnt doing what wasn't required of him the manager would have let him know about it. That didn't happen.

He isn't perfect, but you're essentially moaning about him playing the way he does and in a way that clearly works given the goals he's scored.
He's not a player that most people would expect to score headers from corners. What he will do is get on the end of knock downs and scrambles at corners.
You seem to think players have to have every ability. They don't. There are players at Premier League level that can't do everything you'd expect of someone in that position.
Well that's the beauty of football isn't it.Opinions really innit ? Neither of us are more right than the other. Theres no doubt hes a talent and will go on to bigger and better things. But it may well be fair to say he aint playing for Arsenal anymore or ever will he again as he lacks those certain attributes.He's a goal scorer no doubt about it but if that's all he is best we keep 11 on the field ay! The offsides are irritating,maybe not to you, but I wish he'd sort it out.
Daggers No 2 Fan

I'd say it is generally beat to keep 11 on the pitch regardless of the types of players we have.
You seem to be someone that will never be happy with what is available.
We've been crying out for a goalscorer for a couple of seasons, get one and you moan about the other areas of his game.

He's also not offside anything like as much as you think. If you're going to get worked up about a striker who plays in the shoulder of defenders get caught offside a couple of times a game, then football probably isn't for you.
He isn't going to sort anything out. It's part of how he plays and part if what has got him the goals he's got.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan Wins
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:I'd say it is generally beat to keep 11 on the pitch regardless of the types of players we have.
You seem to be someone that will never be happy with what is available.
We've been crying out for a goalscorer for a couple of seasons, get one and you moan about the other areas of his game.

He's also not offside anything like as much as you think. If you're going to get worked up about a striker who plays in the shoulder of defenders get caught offside a couple of times a game, then football probably isn't for you.
He isn't going to sort anything out. It's part of how he plays and part if what has got him the goals he's got.

Once again I have an opinion that is also shared by a lot of others that irritates you.
Im not unhappy at all and Im not really moaning either.As its a football forum I just think here is the place to air opinions.How you can leap to all sorts of conclusions about my demeanour or wether football is for me or not from a couple of views on a football players bad points I'll never know either. He is offside a fair bit even you cant deny that.I think we established long ago that me disagreeing with you from time to time is your problem,you just need to either deal with it or ignore me if Im upsetting you so much.I'll say it agin as you clearly only read the bits you don't like.....Murphy is a great daggers player who will go on to bigger and better things.Not being able to jump and head a ball are issues that may or may not matter and going offside too much is annoying for some.I don't think hes reached his full potential yet and with a bit of work he'll do well.Lewy cant kick,I spose you'll tell me Im wrong about that too.
Dave E

Ilford Dagger wrote:I thought Coventry had 2 of the leading scorers in Lge 1 already (Leon Clarke & Callum Wilson(?) ), unless they intend selling one of them to raise much needed funds.
Leon Clarke has put in a transfer request
Dave E

Ilford Dagger wrote:I thought Coventry had 2 of the leading scorers in Lge 1 already (Leon Clarke & Callum Wilson(?) ), unless they intend selling one of them to raise much needed funds.
and Callum Wilson is out injured for three months, hence CCFC's alleged interest in Rhys