Joe Worrall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Alan wrote:You mean the way he was treated by Burnett, not by Still.[

So how was it Burnrtts fault that another Club offered him money that he could not.
Think he is talking about how he mugged him off after a game in anther cure and proceeded to drop him after he gave away a penalty, Doe would not have signed for Burnett.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think he would have done , if somebody had not promised him the earth and ended up giving him nothing , wonder if he will ever trust that Person again?

Anyhow I don't see what the hang up is , he went to Boreham Wood the only other Club remotely interested and has hardly pulled up trees there they' are on the verge of getting relegated.
BarkingRambo

I've heard both arguments about Doe from people that were formally associated with the club. One said Boreham Wood is offering more money than the daggers and one that said the sole reason for him moving is a hatred for Burnett and said that it drove Bingham and many others away too. It's hard to know who was right but now Burnett is gone who knows if any of them would come back
SUSSEX DAGGER

BarkingRambo wrote:I've heard both arguments about Doe from people that were formally associated with the club. One said Boreham Wood is offering more money than the daggers and one that said the sole reason for him moving is a hatred for Burnett and said that it drove Bingham and many others away too. It's hard to know who was right but now Burnett is gone who knows if any of them would come back
There was a third arguement but it is pointless even going there as the true facts are never going to be known. What is a fact is this. This Player who some think single handily would have saved us from relegation was a free agent and no other team fancied him

The other fact is that he is now playing in a far less competitive League and his team is about to get relegated, which may have a bearing on the fact that when he turned us down no other team wanted him.
Adrian

Where had anyone said that Doe would have single handily saved us from relegation?

Perhaps the reason he ended up at Borehamwood was that by the time he was needing to get it sorted, most clubs had sorted out their teams - with us being one of he few exceptions to that.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:Where had anyone said that Doe would have single handily saved us from relegation?

Perhaps the reason he ended up at Borehamwood was that by the time he was needing to get it sorted, most clubs had sorted out their teams - with us being one of he few exceptions to that.
Exactly this and on top of all that Burnett was ******** around with his own contract for 6 weeks meaning players both out of contract and new signings not even knowing who the manager would be, that 6 weeks after a season ends are critical to the upcoming season but Burnetts self importance was a higher priority.

As soon as Burnett queried his contract it should have been withdrawn and sent packing another nail in Thommos coffin of failures this year. Getting relegated I'm not to bothered about because it was always going to happen at some point but the catalogue of errors surrounding it stinks.
Phippo

One of your better posts Digger.
The Romford Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:Where had anyone said that Doe would have single handily saved us from relegation?

Exactly this and on top of all that Burnett was ******** around with his own contract for 6 weeks meaning players both out of contract and new signings not even knowing who the manager would be, that 6 weeks after a season ends are critical to the upcoming season but Burnetts self importance was a higher priority.

As soon as Burnett queried his contract it should have been withdrawn and sent packing another nail in Thommos coffin of failures this year. Getting relegated I'm not to bothered about because it was always going to happen at some point but the catalogue of errors surrounding it stinks.
Very well put
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well when we signed Nosworthy and had Clever Dick lined up clearly we did , now weather that was the correct decision, obviously it was not , is another matter.

When a Player indicates he has been offered a deal elsewhere that we could never match what were we supposed to do ? the fact that deal obviously collapsed meant that because precisely what we had done meant the money had already been spent. A waste of money granted as it turned out but that's not the issue surely.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

Well when we signed Nosworthy and had Clever Dick lined up clearly we did , now weather that was the correct decision, obviously it was not , is another matter.

When a Player indicates he has been offered a deal elsewhere that we could never match what were we supposed to do ? the fact that deal obviously collapsed meant that because precisely what we had done meant the money had already been spent. A waste of money granted as it turned out but that's not the issue surely.
Dikamona signed for us nearly a month after Doe signed for Borehamwood (and after the start of the sesson)
We were pathetically unprepared for the start of the season. Guess who was to blame for that?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was there not some unexpected problem tho with international clearence etc. Yes you are right to turn up with only 13 fit players at Portsmouth on the first day of season and include one player who clearly was not is unforgivable . Sadly that set the tone I am afraid
Adrian

As far as I can tell, he didn't even make a pre-season appearance until 1st August, with the season due to start the next week.
I reckon he was about as lined up to sign when Doe signed for Borehamwood as I was.

We did not have our team anywhere near sorted at that time.
Alan

Adrian wrote:As far as I can tell, he didn't even make a pre-season appearance until 1st August, with the season due to start the next week.
I reckon he was about as lined up to sign when Doe signed for Borehamwood as I was.

We did not have our team anywhere near sorted at that time.
This. Dikamona was a late panic buy. Nosworthy was a ridiculous signing because his legs looked gone from day one.