Closing a game out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Why can't we do it?

Whenever a team gets on top in a game we wilt.

So, so frustrating
stanton101

Well hmmm how can I put this........
We're shit and JS is Clueless, yes that's it!!
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:Well hmmm how can I put this........
We're shit and JS is Clueless, yes that's it!!
JS is not clueless the players are simply not upto the task. There has been glimpses of what it will be like next season and with a few of the wasters bombed out and a few more up for it players signed it certainly will be a different story.
stanton101

And so it should be, it's the conference! This team should never be in this position, there are worse squads in this division, it's up to the manager to get those players to play, he obviously isn't up to the job, we have been relegated with quite a bit to spare. It's not all his fault but he has to take a percentage of blame. His son Wayne did a fantastic job of getting us in the bottom two and JS has managed quite brilliantly to finish the job off. Wait til next season when we're barely mid table and let me know what you think of God then.
daggersjeff

stanton101 wrote:Wait til next season when we're barely mid table and let me know what you think of God then.
Mid table? you're avin a laugh...that lot will struggle in the conference south!!
stanton101

daggersjeff wrote:
stanton101 wrote:Wait til next season when we're barely mid table and let me know what you think of God then.
Mid table? you're avin a laugh...that lot will struggle in the conference south!!
I know mate, I was being kind. I'd hate to ruin their already fragile confidence.
daggersjeff

It was same old same old today.....

even at 1-0 we start sitting back and playing the ball back from attacking set ups.....soon as they equalised we were like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights.... then Doidge chases a player 80 yards and commits a foul which may of been harmless if done when the player first had the ball on the edge of his own box....1-2 game over

makes me wonder how a player gets MOM after a cardinal sin like that.

as has been said....back to square 1
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:And so it should be, it's the conference! This team should never be in this position, there are worse squads in this division, it's up to the manager to get those players to play, he obviously isn't up to the job, we have been relegated with quite a bit to spare. It's not all his fault but he has to take a percentage of blame. His son Wayne did a fantastic job of getting us in the bottom two and JS has managed quite brilliantly to finish the job off. Wait til next season when we're barely mid table and let me know what you think of God then.
This is the worst squad in the division just look at the league table. Who is calling him God? I have actually seen us compete since JS took over something we were not doing under WB, has it been perfect certainly not it was never going to be with this lot.

We're going down get used to it, the world is not ending its simply a different league s league where we have spent most of the last 25 years.

I would guess that no more than 3-4 of the current shower won't be here next season and that gives me cause for optimism.
stanton101

daggersjeff wrote:It was same old same old today.....

even at 1-0 we start sitting back and playing the ball back from attacking set ups.....soon as they equalised we were like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights.... then Doidge chases a player 80 yards and commits a foul which may of been harmless if done when the player first had the ball on the edge of his own box....1-2 game over

makes me wonder how a player gets MOM after a cardinal sin like that.

as has been said....back to square 1
I watched Still against Morecambe bellowing out instructions mainly to push up, they didn't listen and hung on for a win. Today they sat back again and got what they deserved in the end, a hiding. You need a strong manager to put a few ****** in to them, not an old pensh whose best days are long gone who they deem as a bit of a joke.
ARNU

I quite enjoyed the game today,2nd goal killed us I think.Set pieces we are shit at,nothing changes.Portsmouth are a good team,we matched them for 75% of the game,but their experience showed last quarter.Im not really annoyed,i thought we tried and failed that's all.

Some questions....

Why did we hoof out the 1st half with just Doidge up front with nobody for him to knock it down too ?
What is it with Cousins kicking ? Have we ever had a keeper that could kick ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerJoel11

I think 4-1 flattered them and they certainly didn't deserve to win that convincingly, but neither did we due to our atrocious defending which has cost us yet again. In truth, we had consigned ourselves to defeat as soon as they scored their second, you could see how dejected we looked as we slumped back to the centre circle. Then their fans, who we managed to frustrate all game, suddenly roar their approval and we're up against it again. It was inevitable they'd score a couple more, which is a shame. When Hemmings scored his wondergoal I really thought we would win. Yet again we concede four unnecessary, silly goals which could be prevented had our defence done their marking properly. But I guess that's what happens when only one of your back four has any substantial Football League experience.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Adrian

When it comes down to it they were just better- bigger, stronger, confident.
We have two players in our back four with over 200 league appearances each but they were bigger liabilities than the two inexperienced centre backs.

It doesn't help that the player that puts the ball in for two goals and scores one could have been sent packing by a stronger referee.
Mark

We played really well for about an hour. Defending for set piece goals was unacceptable though. We should have sealed it in second half but Passley arsed up a simple ball to Hemmings.

Too many passengers in our squad. Widdowson is very poor, Hoyte chucks the towel in when we concede, Passley is a coward. Doidge tries hard but couldn't trap a bag of sand.
NBDag

So frustrating to see how we played in the second half, given how well we contained them in the first. Just knew after their equaliser that the spanking would begin.

One thing that seems to have gone without mention though is Hemmings goal. What a belter it was! I don't know about the rest of the ground but where I was went bloody mental when it hit the back of the net. One of the best goals I've seen at this club since Vincelot left.
SUSSEX DAGGER

It don't dont matter what talent is in your feet and in your brain if it ain't in your heart then give it up. So many times this season that has been the case and it happened again yesterday. Where has the passion desire and belief gone . We let a goal in and it is like pulling a waste trap from under the the sink we get swamped.
Once again we look bright and posative conceade then the roof falls in. These players must have something about them as if nothing else they have got into numerous good positions this season but sadly the heart is clearly not there