I would imagine ......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:I am genuinely amused when people suggest that the messiah will turn round this clubs fortunes next season. It's like there is no one else out there that can do the job but him. Ok he has a record of doing it in the past and fair play to him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it again. Times change and football has moved on since those heady days. This season has been an absolute shambles from day one and Wayne was the main protagonist but since his departure JS has done absolutely nothing in my eyes to suggest he should be given a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll eat my humble pie if I am, but there are plenty of others out there that should at least be considered first before we give JS full control.
You kinda answered your own question here. 'He has a record of doing it in the past'.

So he's a decent shout to do it again rather than someone untested at getting a team promoted from the nitty gritty of the conference.
That untested one could've Possibly kept us up. But instead we're down with a bit to spare. It wasn't so long ago people did a prediction thing and if memory serves had us up near the 40 point mark, we'll struggle to reach 30 under JS. The football's been dire, the tactics questionable and the signings apart from Worrall a joke. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since Still weaved his magical wand, and JS's ship as far as I'm concern has long since sailed.
That manager may have also lost most games likes JS and Burnett.

We went for the proven manager who had Luton promoted less than 3 season ago rather than an unknown quantity. And a manager who knows the club in still as well.

I personally think his appointment was the best option at the time and anyone coming in had a very small chance of keeping the team in the league thanks to the fundamentally fatal losses of Doe, Bingham, Howell and Abs all at once and failing to replace them properly.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:I am genuinely amused when people suggest that the messiah will turn round this clubs fortunes next season. It's like there is no one else out there that can do the job but him. Ok he has a record of doing it in the past and fair play to him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it again. Times change and football has moved on since those heady days. This season has been an absolute shambles from day one and Wayne was the main protagonist but since his departure JS has done absolutely nothing in my eyes to suggest he should be given a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll eat my humble pie if I am, but there are plenty of others out there that should at least be considered first before we give JS full control.
I have said this before we are competing and actually creating chances since Still arrived, its a vast improvement on earlier in the season under WB. Did I want Still back? No but he is here until at least summer of 2017 and we know what the board are like when it comes to making big decisions so he is here to stay. I think we will be top 10 at least next season, give me that any day over the 3 seasons.
dagger4eva

And ya know, also in his interview last night JS said something along the lines of 'I'll give one more year to re-build'

I.e 1 year, steady the ship, ensure we have a squad competing and winning footy matches then set sail to his gaffe in Cyprus for a much deserved retirement.

If he does just that, they'll be no complaints from me.
BB-Dagger

John Still has a proven record in the conference / National league so at the moment we will have to see how things go next season
although I didnt agree with his return, I think we should already be looking for his replacement as I do question his desire as he has indicated
that next season will be his last.
ARNU

I have never called twatdownthepub a nob! He regularly randomly calls me one all the time.I ain't bothered but get ya facts straight. I only name call in retaliation. Show me where I abused the dry lunch unemployed retard first. Baring in mind he's called me nob earlier in this thread. Ban him. He only moans about Burnett anyway when he does string a sentence together.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

lol bite much
but we finished 9th!
bearaab

So you should be banned as all you do is slag off Still?
ARNU

bearaab wrote:So you should be banned as all you do is slag off Still?
Oh no ! Not banned by the Internet police ! Plz give me one more chance I promise to wedge my tongue right up Johnny Hoofs shitter and proclaim to the world that it's all Waynes fault and 9th and 14th were just a fluke .
bearaab

Just playing "devil's advocate". You're the one that mentioned banning first anyway so you've just taken the piss out of yourself.
ARNU

Your inability to detect humour and the fact I don't give a shit lets you down yet again.
SUSSEX DAGGER

one signing I hope he makes in the summer

Terry Harris