I would imagine ......

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Johnny Hoofs points per game average is now worse than Waynes now. Anyone know ? Just the games he was officially in charge please.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Now now Arnu, you should know better than to have a pop at Johnny Ranieri.
ARNU

I seem to remember calls for Waynes head after his interim period didn't go too well. I'd just like to know why we have a manager without responsibility.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

You do actually have a point - it would be foolish to pin absolutely no blame to Still.

Difference with the two situations though are clear:

Wayne took over from a decent, established squad of players in no threat of relegation
Result: ALMOST managed to relegate them

John took over from a hit heap rabble of a squad, rooted to the bottom of the table without a single league win at home all season.
Result: Relegated - unsurprisingly

John gets 1 season as a fresh start - steady the ship for us in the conference and move on for someone else to have a crack!
bloke down the pub

ARNU wrote:I seem to remember calls for Waynes head after his interim period didn't go too well. I'd just like to know why we have a manager without responsibility.

NOB
admin
Site Admin

I personally didn't blame Wayne for the first season. He adopted Still's squad, it's difficult for him. Same scenario for Still this season. Over the summer, our squad will completely change allowing Still to get his own players in. Next season will be the true test for John Still.
admin
Site Admin

Another thing - I have received a few complaints regarding Bloke Down the Pub and ARNU constantly writing "NOB" to each other. Can I politely ask you both to stop doing this please?
NBDag

Burnett had 22 league games this season. Managed to get 13 points. That's an average to 2 decimals of 0.59 points a game. Still so far has 12 points from 17 games. A just as underwhelming 0.71 points a game. This is excluding the Stevenage win, and the Cambridge loss for both managers.

If you think Still has no responsibility and you'd like to know why- go to the forum and ask.
stanton101

I am genuinely amused when people suggest that the messiah will turn round this clubs fortunes next season. It's like there is no one else out there that can do the job but him. Ok he has a record of doing it in the past and fair play to him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it again. Times change and football has moved on since those heady days. This season has been an absolute shambles from day one and Wayne was the main protagonist but since his departure JS has done absolutely nothing in my eyes to suggest he should be given a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll eat my humble pie if I am, but there are plenty of others out there that should at least be considered first before we give JS full control.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:I am genuinely amused when people suggest that the messiah will turn round this clubs fortunes next season. It's like there is no one else out there that can do the job but him. Ok he has a record of doing it in the past and fair play to him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it again. Times change and football has moved on since those heady days. This season has been an absolute shambles from day one and Wayne was the main protagonist but since his departure JS has done absolutely nothing in my eyes to suggest he should be given a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll eat my humble pie if I am, but there are plenty of others out there that should at least be considered first before we give JS full control.
You kinda answered your own question here. 'He has a record of doing it in the past'.

So he's a decent shout to do it again rather than someone untested at getting a team promoted from the nitty gritty of the conference.
durnzo

I'm surprised anybody would get offended by the word NOB, they must have a heart attack at matches with all the effin' and jeffin' that goes on.
stanton101

The Romford Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:I am genuinely amused when people suggest that the messiah will turn round this clubs fortunes next season. It's like there is no one else out there that can do the job but him. Ok he has a record of doing it in the past and fair play to him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll do it again. Times change and football has moved on since those heady days. This season has been an absolute shambles from day one and Wayne was the main protagonist but since his departure JS has done absolutely nothing in my eyes to suggest he should be given a chance. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I'll eat my humble pie if I am, but there are plenty of others out there that should at least be considered first before we give JS full control.
You kinda answered your own question here. 'He has a record of doing it in the past'.

So he's a decent shout to do it again rather than someone untested at getting a team promoted from the nitty gritty of the conference.
That untested one could've Possibly kept us up. But instead we're down with a bit to spare. It wasn't so long ago people did a prediction thing and if memory serves had us up near the 40 point mark, we'll struggle to reach 30 under JS. The football's been dire, the tactics questionable and the signings apart from Worrall a joke. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since Still weaved his magical wand, and JS's ship as far as I'm concern has long since sailed.
bearaab

The untested one could've also lost every game. It's all speculation. Still has a record of doing good and that's why they wanted him back and that's why he'll still be here next season. You say times change but it wasn't that long ago he got Luton out of that league.
dagger4eva

To quote (almost word for word) Stilly from his interview last night - who incidentally very much spoke from a tone of conceding zero chance of survival.

'Whats important is that I get this club back to where it should be, by discovering young, hungry, ambitious players who want to forge a career and push this club on. That was the main reason I came back, because WE'D LOST THAT'

Oh yes, and who do we have to blame for that???
Adrian

I don't think there was a manager in the world that was going to turn around the heap of steaming crap we had in half a season.

What I do know is that i've found he few games I've seen since Burnett went to be more enjoyable than the games I saw in the first half of this season.

At least Still is managing to prepare for next season, something Burnett would have left until July.