Benno

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Why people bother trying to have a serious conversation I will never know..
Diggerthedog

Wait to see a picture of Arnu on front of anglers mail with some massive whoppers :lol:
stanton101

I just dont understand why you're so anti-Still. Referring to him as a tosspot when he is at least trying don't seem fair.

And before you say it no I didn't refer to Wayne with childish name calling on the Internet.[/quote]

Maybe I expected a bit more from a man who is revered around Dagenham FC. Instead what I've been dished up is worse than the previous bloke. I'm no Wayne fan either, but when he tried (as you say) to change things he was constantly sniped at. People on this forum seem to have Jonny tinted glasses on, the man it would seem can do no wrong, on or off the pitch. Because he has a history with this club, people are very excepting of his failure. Because that is exactly what it is, a miserable failed attempt at securing our league status. I've nothing against JS, it just grieves me to think that one person can be persecuted and the other held in such high regard, when BOTH have been equally dire at the job.
Adrian

stanton101 wrote:I just dont understand why you're so anti-Still. Referring to him as a tosspot when he is at least trying don't seem fair.

And before you say it no I didn't refer to Wayne with childish name calling on the Internet.
Maybe I expected a bit more from a man who is revered around Dagenham FC. Instead what I've been dished up is worse than the previous bloke. I'm no Wayne fan either, but when he tried (as you say) to change things he was constantly sniped at. People on this forum seem to have Jonny tinted glasses on, the man it would seem can do no wrong, on or off the pitch. Because he has a history with this club, people are very excepting of his failure. Because that is exactly what it is, a miserable failed attempt at securing our league status. I've nothing against JS, it just grieves me to think that one person can be persecuted and the other held in such high regard, when BOTH have been equally dire at the job.[/quote]

People are accepting what is happening, because it was essentially done and dusted in December. We started the season without a properly constructed squad, had named a captain with all the leadership qualities of a wet paper bag and seemed to be largely reliant on a 40 yer old striker, 17 year old winger and a player in the middle of a six-month ban.
There have been plenty of comments about things that Still has got wrong - but the simple reality is that it wouldn't have made any difference if he had not made a single mistake. We were still utterly screwed.

Still is held in high regard because he's done a hell of a lot with the club in the past, so earns a little respect. Burnett did very little to earn any respect, especially when having a go at supporters in radio interviews.
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:
stanton101 wrote:I just dont understand why you're so anti-Still. Referring to him as a tosspot when he is at least trying don't seem fair.

And before you say it no I didn't refer to Wayne with childish name calling on the Internet.
Maybe I expected a bit more from a man who is revered around Dagenham FC. Instead what I've been dished up is worse than the previous bloke. I'm no Wayne fan either, but when he tried (as you say) to change things he was constantly sniped at. People on this forum seem to have Jonny tinted glasses on, the man it would seem can do no wrong, on or off the pitch. Because he has a history with this club, people are very excepting of his failure. Because that is exactly what it is, a miserable failed attempt at securing our league status. I've nothing against JS, it just grieves me to think that one person can be persecuted and the other held in such high regard, when BOTH have been equally dire at the job.
People are accepting what is happening, because it was essentially done and dusted in December. We started the season without a properly constructed squad, had named a captain with all the leadership qualities of a wet paper bag and seemed to be largely reliant on a 40 yer old striker, 17 year old winger and a player in the middle of a six-month ban.
There have been plenty of comments about things that Still has got wrong - but the simple reality is that it wouldn't have made any difference if he had not made a single mistake. We were still utterly screwed.

Still is held in high regard because he's done a hell of a lot with the club in the past, so earns a little respect. Burnett did very little to earn any respect, especially when having a go at supporters in radio interviews.[/quote]

You've put it better than I could've.

Well said
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:

Still is held in high regard because he's done a hell of a lot with the club in the past, so earns a little respect. Burnett did very little to earn any respect, especially when having a go at supporters in radio interviews.
Applause!