Benno

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Despite being more clued up than me he didn't finish any higher than I could of. Funny thing is Still gets a pass cos of nostalgia again. It has been truly shit since he came back apart from Hacketts win at Stevenage and the new manager bounce at Exeter. How is it Waynes a tnuc but still gets a pat on the back for actual relegation? Benno ain't the answer and it will be decades before we return with backwards thinking like that.
Still isn't getting a pat on the back for relegation. He gets a pass for the same reason that Burnett got a pass when he took a team from mid-table obscurity to only staying up on goal difference - something about the players not being his.
Funny thing is that after all the "Wait until it's his team" stuff, the minute we no longer had a player signed by Still it didn't half get very shit, very quick.

Out of interest when did you manage a team to the Conference title, or a play-off win?
9th and 14th. Twist that how you want. When did you last manage a league 2 team and finish 9th? Still would have left Bingham out, abs at right back and had doe hoofing the fark out of it. Wayne got them playing a different system boring to watch but you think this is better ? So you saying still gets stick next season when we hover around the bottom of the Conf ? Nah you'll be wanting robbo and arber to join the coaching team. Hoof frenzy !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TommyD&R

ARNU wrote:
Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:Despite being more clued up than me he didn't finish any higher than I could of. Funny thing is Still gets a pass cos of nostalgia again. It has been truly shit since he came back apart from Hacketts win at Stevenage and the new manager bounce at Exeter. How is it Waynes a tnuc but still gets a pat on the back for actual relegation? Benno ain't the answer and it will be decades before we return with backwards thinking like that.
Still isn't getting a pat on the back for relegation. He gets a pass for the same reason that Burnett got a pass when he took a team from mid-table obscurity to only staying up on goal difference - something about the players not being his.
Funny thing is that after all the "Wait until it's his team" stuff, the minute we no longer had a player signed by Still it didn't half get very shit, very quick.

Out of interest when did you manage a team to the Conference title, or a play-off win?
9th and 14th. Twist that how you want. When did you last manage a league 2 team and finish 9th? Still would have left Bingham out, abs at right back and had doe hoofing the fark out of it. Wayne got them playing a different system boring to watch but you think this is better ? So you saying still gets stick next season when we hover around the bottom of the Conf ? Nah you'll be wanting robbo and arber to join the coaching team. Hoof frenzy !
So that's a yes to having Benno back then?
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:To Romford Dagger. We aren't good enough or we wouldn't be celebrating relegation this time tomorrow. Not good enough isn't a criticism . If I fight Tyson Fury I would be trying with all my might to stove his head in as I hate the idiot. I have to accept if I fought him I would not be good enough to beat him. I haven't seen any lack of effort. I blame the manager.

I get that. Except when Wayne was here you were saying how it's not his fault because there's no budget and we can't afford players better than those we have. On a frequent basis you defended Wayne because it was not his fault the players didn't have the ability.

But now it's Still's fault even though he is in his first season back. Excuse the cliche but this is his season of 'transition'
mickeyblue

9th and 14th. Twist that how you want. When did you last manage a league 2 team and finish 9th?

bingo who had page 4??

thread is about benno end of, being proved wrong by adrian over and over again about other stuff is well just pointless.

simple thing is if we had benno this season my money would be on us not being bottom regardless if he does or doesnt get in luton's team.

john still finished 7th and 8th ;)
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:To Romford Dagger. We aren't good enough or we wouldn't be celebrating relegation this time tomorrow. Not good enough isn't a criticism . If I fight Tyson Fury I would be trying with all my might to stove his head in as I hate the idiot. I have to accept if I fought him I would not be good enough to beat him. I haven't seen any lack of effort. I blame the manager.

I get that. Except when Wayne was here you were saying how it's not his fault because there's no budget and we can't afford players better than those we have. On a frequent basis you defended Wayne because it was not his fault the players didn't have the ability.

But now it's Still's fault even though he is in his first season back. Excuse the cliche but this is his season of 'transition'
Ah now this is entirely my point.Well done for being intelligent enough to work it out.Its exactly my point.The haters of Wayne do not except that he did ok despite the budget and poor tools he had to work with.I've uncovered the double standard here,not you.
Wayne was hated after 12 games,then finished 9th the following season and 14th the next and that was passed off as a fluke.Despite having some of Stills players in his side you were all c**ting him off anyway.Then they leave and we are shite for the 1st half of the season so now you all blame WB yet Still has a free pass for being just as ineffective.The reason we are going down is not cos we lost 2 or 3 players,its a combination of not good enough players,budget not meeting players needs so they pissed off elsewhere and arguably poor management by both managers.That or......they are both good managers with poor tools to do the job.I've argued all along that if you are gonna treat WB as shite then you must also do that with Still.JS will end up with a worse points per game average than WB,you'll say nothing.
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:9th and 14th. Twist that how you want. When did you last manage a league 2 team and finish 9th?

bingo who had page 4??

thread is about benno end of, being proved wrong by adrian over and over again about other stuff is well just pointless.

simple thing is if we had benno this season my money would be on us not being bottom regardless if he does or doesnt get in luton's team.

john still finished 7th and 8th ;)
Who is the only Dagenham manager to get relegated from Lg1 and league 2 ? You aint gonna like this but burnett never did that and Stills had half a season to put it right.
As well as finishing 7th and 8th(when we were good)where else has he finished and with what players ? Arber Benno Bingham Gain Abs doe and Howell all featured in shit seasons too and you all moaned about it as well.
Who had a 1 point in 54 run was it / a few seasons back ?

Nostalgia wont allow you to remember any of that.
mickeyblue

he also finished 2nd and top
but we finished 9th!
mickeyblue

lets put it this way

i did not want still back but understand the reasons why we got him back

burnett should of never got his contract renewed at end of last season, we had been dire at home for a long while before this season and was losing more and more punters.

you really need to move on and talk about something else mate burnett has gone and rightly so.
but we finished 9th!
TommyD&R

mickeyblue wrote: you really need to move on and talk about something else mate burnett has gone and rightly so.
Yeah this, he had to go when he did, we was on our way down by then anyway and had to try something different. Hasn't worked out too well but I'd rather someone who knows the club well stabilise it. I hope we get a decent enough position in the conference next season, a new group of players who want to do well and hopefully Cowley in from Braintree the season after if he hasn't already been grabbed by a league club by then.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:

Ah now this is entirely my point.Well done for being intelligent enough to work it out.Its exactly my point.The haters of Wayne do not except that he did ok despite the budget and poor tools he had to work with.I've uncovered the double standard here,not you.
Wayne was hated after 12 games,then finished 9th the following season and 14th the next and that was passed off as a fluke.Despite having some of Stills players in his side you were all c**ting him off anyway.Then they leave and we are shite for the 1st half of the season so now you all blame WB yet Still has a free pass for being just as ineffective.The reason we are going down is not cos we lost 2 or 3 players,its a combination of not good enough players,budget not meeting players needs so they pissed off elsewhere and arguably poor management by both managers.That or......they are both good managers with poor tools to do the job.I've argued all along that if you are gonna treat WB as shite then you must also do that with Still.JS will end up with a worse points per game average than WB,you'll say nothing.
It's his first season back. With sh1t players at the club when he joined, awful team spirit and a crowd that had turned on the board.

You are so pro Burnett it is embarrassing
mickeyblue

we should of gone for edinborough a few years back when still left imo
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

Why would anyone have Benno back, correct me if I'm wrong but we have one of the most prolific goal scorers right here already in Cureton. Give him a go as assistant manager. He knows the squad and would surely be of benefit to young strikers learning their trade. We've already got one tosspot back from Luton, why bring back another! Ffs It's not rocket science.
mickeyblue

lol yeah goalscorers make good assistants.
but we finished 9th!
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Why would anyone have Benno back, correct me if I'm wrong but we have one of the most prolific goal scorers right here already in Cureton. Give him a go as assistant manager. He knows the squad and would surely be of benefit to young strikers learning their trade. We've already got one tosspot back from Luton, why bring back another! Ffs It's not rocket science.
I just dont understand why you're so anti-Still. Referring to him as a tosspot when he is at least trying don't seem fair.

And before you say it no I didn't refer to Wayne with childish name calling on the Internet.
ARNU

I am not pro Burnett. I am pro fairness. So far JS has done no better and has seen us relegated probably today. He has made significant changes to playing staff and tactics yet has made no improvements. He gets a free pass. No responsibility . Wayne got slaughtered for less even when he got 60 points. How's that fair ?