Benno

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4495122

Says he's open to the idea of coming back. Would you have him back? I would!
Mark

He'd score goals in the conference despite his age. Curo probably would too but JS sees him more as a sub I think which is a shame as I think he wants to start every week. Playing both together probably wouldn't give us enough legs.
ARNU

That's progress....why not ring up Arbs,Gainy and Danny Green,Maybe Solomon Taiwo and Robbo can play after they finish their milkround,then we can knock down the TBS and make it open to the weather and standing only.If only Terry Harris would come back LOL!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

Time to move on. Was a good player.
chasthedagger

Why not, with experience he has I think he would score goals and taking away cureton's goals thats something we are and have been sorely lacking.
mickeyblue

i agree with arnu i mean we have improved our strikers since he left tenfold. and green why have him when we can have hemmings/chambers. defo move forward
but we finished 9th!
TommyD&R

ARNU wrote:That's progress....why not ring up Arbs,Gainy and Danny Green,Maybe Solomon Taiwo and Robbo can play after they finish their milkround,then we can knock down the TBS and make it open to the weather and standing only.If only Terry Harris would come back LOL!!!
I'd have all of those and Terry Harris over most of our lot now
stanton101

Why would anyone have benno back when we have the lethal Hawkins on board.
ARNU

Benno would do a job but really is that what we want ? Another temporary fix that will in no way bring the club any further forward. Nothing against benno but has anyone who ever came back been better or even the same as the first time?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

anyone who wants to come play for us is a massive boost, someone of benno class around a few young lads would only be a big plus.

your right on one thing tho not many come back to clubs and are any good.

i'd like to see jamie and benno next season tho with hawkins and another young hungry striker pushing the old guys hard.
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Nothing against benno but has anyone who ever came back been better or even the same as the first time?
John Stimson
Dean Parratt
Lee Double
Danny Shipp
Medy Elito
Mark Arber
John Still
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:That's progress....why not ring up Arbs,Gainy and Danny Green,Maybe Solomon Taiwo and Robbo can play after they finish their milkround,then we can knock down the TBS and make it open to the weather and standing only.If only Terry Harris would come back LOL!!!
So you moan about our players but then laugh at going back to a bunch of players that were far more successful for us.

Now that's a LOL!!!
steeevooo

I'd like to have Benno back for a few reasons...firstly he actually wants to play for us and clearly has the club at heart....he's what we affectionately know as a Dagger. Secondly, with JC inevitably going at the end of the season (although I'd like him to stay on), Benno would offer us some valuable experience in what will be a young side. He'd be able to take on Hawkins (and Doidge if he stays) and hopefully help them further develop into players that can cut it. Thirdly he has experience of the Conference which again will be beneficial in terms of being able to play himself and also in terms of what he can pass on to the rest of the team. Finally, he actually knows where the goal is, which apparently is a good thing (though you wouldn't believe it from watching our lot this season!).

And if we're talking about bringing back the old guard, there has to be room (lots of it) for Dickie Harper!!
Diggerthedog

Not sure we can afford him, was reportedly on £4k a week when he went to Charlton now plays for Luton who probably dont pay less than £2k a week. So unless he was willing to drop in wage even further cant see it happening.
BarkingRambo

Diggerthedog wrote:Not sure we can afford him, was reportedly on £4k a week when he went to Charlton now plays for Luton who probably dont pay less than £2k a week. So unless he was willing to drop in wage even further cant see it happening.
I agree I'm worried what kind of wages he might want. Then again he knows the score here and what kind of wages he might be offered so if he has said he would come back then he must know he will be on what £500 - £700 ish a week and is happy with that.