Congratulations Cheltenham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Although it's a sad day for us; well done Cheltenham on winning the Conference.

Looking at the playoffs, if Grimsby falaway and are replaced by Eastleigh in the playoff zone there will be four teams which have never been to the FL. Good luck to all of them
RayleighDagger1986

I would love to follow Cheltenham and regain promotion at the first attempt. Rumours are that £400k is the parachute payment but not sure how that compares with what conference clubs receive. What did Cheltenham do to return to the football league at the first attempt. What changes did they make last summer?
RayleighDagger1986

Oh by the way, what was all that with Cureton during the game? Was a section of our fans telling him to f*** o**
TommyD&R

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Oh by the way, what was all that with Cureton during the game? Was a section of our fans telling him to f*** o**
Idiots mate
ARNU

Well done Cheltenham that is quite an achievement.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:I would love to follow Cheltenham and regain promotion at the first attempt. Rumours are that £400k is the parachute payment but not sure how that compares with what conference clubs receive. What did Cheltenham do to return to the football league at the first attempt. What changes did they make last summer?
Parachute payment is that you get the same money that you get from the league in the first season ie £240k, and £120k second season, then nothing third season.
The Romford Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:I would love to follow Cheltenham and regain promotion at the first attempt. Rumours are that £400k is the parachute payment but not sure how that compares with what conference clubs receive. What did Cheltenham do to return to the football league at the first attempt. What changes did they make last summer?

They brought in a proven manager (which we have) and replaced the entire squad (21 changes or something in the summer) with young hungry players (which we are going to do) who were previously released from academies of teams higher up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

They had heart and desire to do it and I heard the MANAGER say at the end of last season that we will attempt to get back at the earliest opportunity. Lets hope we have the same ambition
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:They had heart and desire to do it and I heard the MANAGER say at the end of last season that we will attempt to get back at the earliest opportunity. Lets hope we have the same ambition
The heart and desire thing may come, it's the ambition or rather lack of that worries me. Personally I think the powers that be at the club are happy to plod along. They've alienated themselves by not listening to the very people that help contribute time and money to the club, the fans. There's going to be some tough times ahead, I just hope they learn from this and move forward, the conference league is no walk in the park as we know only too well.
Dagdale

if we can bag in a striker like Dan Holman we may just ride very well next term, respect they don't come easy but should think a large percentage of their incredible story is how well he hit the net and still would love the club to find someone so promising and to lift all our broken spirits.
Diggerthedog

Cheltenham probably have a budget double what ours could ever be I don't think there is any comparison. They average well over double home support.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Cheltenham probably have a budget double what ours could ever be I don't think there is any comparison. They average well over double home support.
Of course, but so did many teams the season we went up before... certainly the case when we got in to League 1. Ultimately if you have a striker that gets close to 30 in the league you will be there or there abouts, regardless of how good the rest of the squad is