Didn't they do well.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Apart from getting away from Wayne and his merry men at the start of the season, it would seem apart from a financial point of view all has not gone to well for those that sought pastures new at the start of this season.

Abs. May just escape relegation with Shrewsbury Town, currently 5th from bottom in league 1
Bingham. Relegated and bottom of league 1
Doe and Howell, hovering at the bottom of conference, touch and go whether they stay up.

Apart from Abs who thought he was the next Pirlo in midfield and not a full back so was obviously never going to stay no matter what we offered, the other three with a bit more on offer and some friendly persuasion could have stayed and maybe we wouldn't be in the shite right now.
Just a thought.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Apart from getting away from Wayne and his merry men at the start of the season, it would seem apart from a financial point of view all has not gone to well for those that sought pastures new at the start of this season.

Abs. May just escape relegation with Shrewsbury Town, currently 5th from bottom in league 1
Bingham. Relegated and bottom of league 1
Doe and Howell, hovering at the bottom of conference, touch and go whether they stay up.

Apart from Abs who thought he was the next Pirlo in midfield and not a full back so was obviously never going to stay no matter what we offered, the other three with a bit more on offer and some friendly persuasion could have stayed and maybe we wouldn't be in the shite right now.
Just a thought.
I agree that the manager should have/likely could have persuaded them three or at least one off them to stay. A manager with some man management skills likely would've done just that.

However, we know Wayne's ability to be a decent manager off the pitch (as well as on it but that's a separate argument) was completely dire.
ARNU

There's great players and there are great Daggers. Rarely does a player deserve both titles. Not having a pop here but it's true. I would rather have a team of great daggers. That is where Johnny hoof and I totally agree.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

See your point there, and it crossed my mind more than once during this season, Doe was a massive loss because we suffered so badly on the back line and to many of us he held it so well, and couldn't see for the death of me why WB couldn't tackle that major issue quickly and when Stilly came back bringing in Worrall did improve it a bit BUT a Worrall from early on could have made the difference with time to bed in, or someone of that magnitude. Know its done and dusted now but still quite frustrating as it went on.
RayleighDagger1986

Did me not bring back Ayo following his good form for us last season. However I don't think he was the same player. Did playing alongside Doe make him look good or was it that Doe was the outstanding player and was complemented by the up an coming Ayo
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Did me not bring back Ayo following his good form for us last season. However I don't think he was the same player. Did playing alongside Doe make him look good or was it that Doe was the outstanding player and was complemented by the up an coming Ayo
Ayo was ok but not as good as some were saying, playing for Charlton's stiffs and Still did not fancy him. I would say Doe certainly made him look good. I wonder how much money Does would have wanted to stay few grand....
RayleighDagger1986

Did WB bring back Ayo really early on eventually becoming the beginning of the end for Partridge. I didn't understand why at the time you extend a players contract in the summer that come September he's agreed to go. If he wasn't good enough, why give a contract in the first place. I personally thort he couldn't do any worse than Nosworthy, Dikamona, Hyam or Ayo. In fact he's played for a team two places above us and likely to survive. Doe imo made Ayo look good and he could have gorged a decent partnership with Partridge.