Boucaud

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Now Waynes gone and still is even worse. We can't criticise Johnny hoof so Boucard is the new scapegoat. Forget the fact they've played like stnuc all season without him and more so since the hoofmeister General returned.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

lol make a i dont like still thread or something
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

I like JS. I like that he has so far been worse than when he was last here. We'd still be in with a chance if Wayne was in charge. Wayne would let us have a roof at the bury edit end too lol!
mickeyblue

arnu u going to forum thingy ? id like to buy you a pint mate and have a confo as there no way you can be as anoying in real life as you are on here.

dont worry im not the violent type and would be a friendly chat. lol i used to stand with full metal dagger so prob chatted with you before.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

I might go but I do see these things as a bit of a moaning session with very little point.I'm a nice bloke really, I'm not hard to find normally at front by halfway line minding my own business.I doubt anyone on here is psychotic enough to actually get violent over such trivia despite numerous offers nobody has as much as said hello let alone took me to task about roofs and hoofball lol! Id be happy to drink with anyone .
Grimsweeper

I think John Still is probably a better football manager than Wayne Burnett wouldnt we all agree?

John Still has won the conference 3 times. won promotion to league one with the daggers and held various other football league management positions.

Whats Wayne done?........................(get your bingo cards ready kids..ive got a card with numbers 9 and 14 on)
SUSSEX DAGGER

In fairness he did not seek the job did he in the first instance, he was dropped into it with the recommendation of the Man who left. As things turned out it may have been better if John had not been tempted by the Luton project.

Hand on your heart time here if that had not occurred do you think things would have turned out any diffrent.

Sorry I don't think they would have, our time to depart had come .
mickeyblue

for me time to blame has gone, i just want to have a good season next year for a change as losing week in week out is bloody boring.

i want a team to be proud of which entertains me

and arnu ill have a beer with you mate ill be the one with daggers top on ;).

if u go please say ill buy u a pint
but we finished 9th!
Alan

Nonsense Sussex.

Burnett assembled a pitiful squad. It wasn't fate, it was terrible management.

Still didn't significantly improve them, he was a bit unlucky with Gutteridge getting injured, but ultimately he couldn't get any fight into that bunch. Cash and Worrall had more fight than the rest combined, bar Doidge.
ARNU

I think Labadie has battled consistently. If we have a player of the year it's easily him.
Lcbdagger

Alan wrote:Nonsense Sussex.

Burnett assembled a pitiful squad. It wasn't fate, it was terrible management.

Still didn't significantly improve them, he was a bit unlucky with Gutteridge getting injured, but ultimately he couldn't get any fight into that bunch. Cash and Worrall had more fight than the rest combined, bar Doidge.
Agreed about Cash... Worrall, from very early on with us showed he was superior in terms of quality to the vast majority of our full time sqquad, even at the young age.

I still think the likes of McClure and Guttridge could be assets next season... needs some luck on the fitness front.

I fear Boucard, even witha good pre season behind him has lost the fans next season if he stays. Don't believe he will ever be accepted after the terrible decision this year to make him captain.
stanton101

Grimsweeper wrote:I think John Still is probably a better football manager than Wayne Burnett wouldnt we all agree?

John Still has won the conference 3 times. won promotion to league one with the daggers and held various other football league management positions.

Whats Wayne done?........................(get your bingo cards ready kids..ive got a card with numbers 9 and 14 on)
More experienced no doubting that one. But better, no not for me. The two of them have been equally piss poor in all departments, tactically naive, terrible in the transfer market, and both unable to muster any type of fight in the team to make it interesting for us fans. Like I said before one started the decline and the other finished it off.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:
Grimsweeper wrote:I think John Still is probably a better football manager than Wayne Burnett wouldnt we all agree?

More experienced no doubting that one. But better, no not for me. The two of them have been equally piss poor in all departments, tactically naive, terrible in the transfer market, and both unable to muster any type of fight in the team to make it interesting for us fans. Like I said before one started the decline and the other finished it off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:

That is without doubt the craziest thing I've read on here all season.

John Still, who took daggers from non league unknowns to the heights of league one and an established football league club, is not a better manager than Wayne Burnett who has done fook all and when sacked at Dagenham will not get a managerial job?

Are you sure?
stanton101

That is without doubt the craziest thing I've read on here all season.

John Still, who took daggers from non league unknowns to the heights of league one and an established football league club, is not a better manager than Wayne Burnett who has done fook all and when sacked at Dagenham will not get a managerial job?

Are you sure?[/quote]

Took, being the operative word, he also TOOK us down without a whimper. JS is bound to be classed as a better manager as he's a lot older than WB and should therefore have a lot more on his CV, but THIS season their records are pretty much the same, dire. Ask any Luton fan what they thought of JS, he was dire in the transfer market, his teams lacked motivation and were slipping down the league, ring any bells? They were glad to get shot of him.