Moses Swaibu

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Thought it was under 3 seconds haha
Mike the Dagger

Mark wrote:Paul Kitson I think that was. He'd bet on the time of first throw to be 2 seconds.
This explains the Daggers kick off routine under John Still...
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:West ham did it a few years ago (spot fixing) or were accused of it.They hoofed the ball straight out from kick off to give away the days earliest throw in.Dont think they were found guilty it all went a bit quiet after the initial accusation.If anyone can enlighten me id appreciate it.
It is a market set up by Spread betting firms. They set the market on the time of the first throw, corner, goal, or a Varity of events in a football match.

A big market was also the total shirt numbers of goalscorers. Remember one big stink of a Newcastle Centre forward who had recently been signed appearing as a Substitute with a huge number on his back

The formula is simple Say they set the time for the first throw at 60 seconds. Punters can then buy or sell the market for a certain stake per second.

If you thought the market was to low you would buy so in the instance that has been highlighted you would be right by 58 seconds that means that if you placed a bet at £10 per second you would win 58x £10 i.e £580 . If however the first throw was at 1 minute 58 seconds you would be wrong by 58 and would lose £580. It also works in reverse.

Big money can be won or lost , cricket is a big game for this sort of gambling.

The funny thing is however this form of gambling is heavily regulated by the FSA and unlike other Gambling debts is recoverable at law for any losses.