Who honestly....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

....Prefers hoofball to the passing game ?

Assuming we had a team that could do either tactic well,what would you prefer ? Honestly ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bloke down the pub

BON.......Dave BON DAVE
Phippo

I know the forums dead at the moment but surely you could think of a more serious question to pose?
leewilson

Hoofball.

Burnett's pass but go nowhere style was infuriating. Although not perfect, we get the ball forward with little fuss under Still and look much more capable of scoring goals.
A S dagger97

Any, As long as you play that style properly with the right players you'll win games. it shouldnt matter IMO.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
ARNU

leewilson wrote:Hoofball.

Burnett's pass but go nowhere style was infuriating. Although not perfect, we get the ball forward with little fuss under Still and look much more capable of scoring goals.
But the options you had to choose from were hoofball or passing both done well.Not Burnetts shitty passing and Stills tedious hoofing.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:Hoofball.

But the options you had to choose from were hoofball or passing both done well.Not Burnetts shitty passing and Stills tedious hoofing.
Basically, you want Premier League standards. You aren't going to get that at our level. Passing at the top level of the game is easier on the eye. At our level, I prefer a more direct, quick approach to the game.
ARNU

I don't mind hoofball done well.But we have to go back to Benno Danny Green Jon Nurse and Josh Scott for the last time we did that at all effectively.About 5 years ago.
Kevin

I like direct passing, getting the ball up to the strikers fairly quickly, players putting a decent tackle in, having wingers with pace and taking a fair few shots on goal.

Can't stand tippy-tappy bullshit - even when done in the premier league (Everton passing 8 times between the back four going precisely nowhere; Arsenal passing 384 times from the right wing to the left - then repeating the exercise from the left to the right, Man City passing round & round in a circle - then hoping the last pass ends up close enough to Aguero not injury his hamstring, etc, etc, etc).

:shock:
Auntie Merge

How many times have we won 6-0 playing Hoofball?

How many times have we won 6-0 playing tippy tappy passing game?

How many times have we won promotion playing hoofball?

How many times have we won promotion playing tippy tappy passing game?

Hoofball wins 4-0 (Really should be 6-0 but its too late at night for me to think of another example).
Pondfield Dagger

hoofball all day long..

bring back the conference days, more enjoyable than in the football league, and a better atmosphere (remember the bugle lol)

get the ball in box as soon as you can at a high temp.

getting 15, 16 corners a game... in the corners league we was always near the top...
most goal attempts- 20 or more in most games.
BarkingRambo

With the mud baths of pitches we are likely to be playing in next year its going to be Hoofball that works for us. Passing games can work if you have a good quality team to play it which isn't ever going to happen at our level, even some top flight teams are getting stick this season because fans are sick of the constant passing.
Diggerthedog

Leicester have played direct........
Chigwellian

ARNU wrote:I don't mind hoofball done well.But we have to go back to Benno Danny Green Jon Nurse and Josh Scott for the last time we did that at all effectively.About 5 years ago.
Josh Scott? One game wonder...... I think you are naming names that you know... He was as bad as Marvelous Marv iMO