They died with their boots on.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we were completely outplayed for most part but at least we refused to lay down and die.

Thommo get the cheque book out and get Mark Cousins signed, outstanding performance between the posts.

When we lost Clever Dick at half time I at least got what I was hopeing to see and that was Pennell have a go at Centre Half, all through the first half it looked like that was his posistion to me and he certainly did not let anybody down.

Once again our defence was overworked , that's over sixty shots on our goal in the last two away games , our midfield defensively offered nothing and that is one area that we surely need to look at in the summer.

Nothing wrong first half going forward we created at least four good chances along with the goal. Sadly we were completely over ran most of the second half but could have nicked it if Bouchard had not bottled it in the last 5 minutes opting to play in Doidge instead of hitting it from just inside the box.

To lose on injury time was a kick in the gonads , how many points is that now gone in the last 5 minutes of games this season, more then what we got relegated by I bet.

Best team won without a doubt but would have been nice to have lasted and bow out on a posative note.
Newbury Park Mick

Do you mean Kim Jong Tommo?
Lcbdagger

Only saw the Soccer Saturday coverage but from there it sounded like the end scenes from The 300 when they were chasing the promotion goal in the final ten seconds... amazed we held out for as long as we did.
Dagdale

Quite hard to take it all in today, talk about tale of two sides, one running into a fairy tale end to a season and going up in spectacular style the other showing finally that they did have it in them for a fight after all. Mark Cousins has pulled up some stunning displays for us over the last couple of seasons but today mate you were unbelievable, and followed closely by Cash and Pennell. Very hard to watch it all today because two so different scenarios and for us dagger fans it really hurt, but hopefully when we do get some pleasure again we can reflect on days like today.
durnzo

I don't think I've ever seen such a one sided game! We had a bit of joy first half but they always looked extremely dangerous. Good old fashioned wing play at its best, with very poor heading/finishing after it. Can't fault the effort from our boys though, especially cash. Was impressed with thes
durnzo

I don't think I've ever seen such a one sided game! We had a bit of joy first half but they always looked extremely dangerous. Good old fashioned wing play at its best, with very poor heading/finishing after it. Can't fault the effort from our boys though, especially cash. Was impressed with their support, not so much ours. But that's what going for promotion as opposed to being down does for you I suppose! Roll on next season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

durnzo wrote:I don't think I've ever seen such a one sided game! We had a bit of joy first half but they always looked extremely dangerous. Good old fashioned wing play at its best, with very poor heading/finishing after it. Can't fault the effort from our boys though, especially cash. Was impressed with their support, not so much ours. But that's what going for promotion as opposed to being down does for you I suppose! Roll on next season.
What was wrong with our support. A relegated Club , a dismal season and yet we still turned up with 20% of our home support. Thought that everybody stayed with the team yesterday who played in a caldron that many would not have experienced before. A lot of People spent a lot of money yesterday on what was already a lost cause ,that impressed me and looked appreciated by the team.
durnzo

I think my tone has been lost in the text, I'm not trying to insult anybody. The fact that all those people travelled all that way to watch a relegated team definitely deserves respect, no question. Just thought it was a bit flat, but when the team you're playing has 35 shots on target that cab happen. Again, I'm not abusing anyone, just an observation.
stanton101

durnzo wrote:I think my tone has been lost in the text, I'm not trying to insult anybody. The fact that all those people travelled all that way to watch a relegated team definitely deserves respect, no question. Just thought it was a bit flat, but when the team you're playing has 35 shots on target that cab happen. Again, I'm not abusing anyone, just an observation.
Don't upset em now, and for gods sake don't mention the H word and JS being a wally. Horses heads n all that game. Loose talk remember, mums the word.
dagger4eva

"Thought it was a bit flat"

Ha ha ha ha what on earth else would you have expected when considering the points outlined by Sussex .......... ?
durnzo

Didn't expect anything to be fair, just posted at 4 in the am cos I was blotto waiting for the khan fight. I was actually trying to convey my enthusiasm for next season. Being a spark sometimes my articulation might not be the best. Here's to next season, up the daggers!