Conference club...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:
OK, i'll try one more time.

Glasgow Rangers... Relegated to the bottom level of Scottish football for various issues.

Now back in the top level. Inevitable or not?
Ok well this is a good example, it works with what I have been saying. So they got relegated because they went into liquidation, that's pretty unnatural for a team to go from the top tier to the 4th tier or whatever in one go. They didn't play to a standard that warranted being dropped down to the 4th tier. So yes in that case it was acceptable to say that they were at an unnatural level. How does that make your point? Dagenham didn't get fired up several leagues in one go, they played their way up.
But Rangers "natural level" is at the top of Scottish football, you agree? If yes, why is that, what makes them natural at that level?

What is Blackpool's natural level?
NBDag

Christ almighty. It would be their natural level because they were unnaturally removed from it. Have you not read what I've said?
Mike the Dagger

NBDag wrote:Christ almighty. It would be their natural level because they were unnaturally removed from it. Have you not read what I've said?
But there is no such thing as "natural level" according to you? So how can Rangers rise be inevitable? They didn't keep the same team when they were relegated, but they did keep the fanbase.
ARNU

I wont take long...

If we're naturally a conference club based on attendances/budget then really Wayne Burnett's 9th and 14th finish in league 2 flew in the face of expectation.

I'll get me coat !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

I had an almighty dump earlier on and my bowl rose to an unnatural level. I have concluded that I need more fibre and that normal service and indeed levels for that matter will naturally pan out.
Hope this helps.
NBDag

Mike the Dagger wrote:
NBDag wrote:Christ almighty. It would be their natural level because they were unnaturally removed from it. Have you not read what I've said?
But there is no such thing as "natural level" according to you? So how can Rangers rise be inevitable? They didn't keep the same team when they were relegated, but they did keep the fanbase.
Well firstly I said it can't be considered a natural level unless there was an unnatural event to remove it from where it was. If there is no unnatural event then the natural level is wherever that team finishes, but you cannot say "no they don't belong here, they belong there".

I don't really follow Scottish football, Dagenham is about the lowest standard I can tolerate. So I don't know the ins and outs of what happened to Rangers. But it's an interesting point you make. So actually I'm going to change my answer, Rangers were still moved to an unnatural level, however following this unnatural event, you cannot say what their natural level is until they have returned to the level they were unnaturally removed from. Then you'd have to see what happens from there. All pretty bloody complex stuff for me!

This has nothing to do with Dagenham though and is on a serious tangent that's giving me a serious headache. And the way we're starting to explore the "natural" and "unnatural" and then your use of the word "inevitably" is going to lead onto a completely different road that's probably better suited to Brian Cox. But you cannot say it was against the nature of football for Dagenham to be in the football league.
Alan

ARNU wrote:I wont take long...

If we're naturally a conference club based on attendances/budget then really Wayne Burnett's 9th and 14th finish in league 2 flew in the face of expectation.

I'll get me coat !
That made me chuckle.

A factor that has been missing in recent seasons is administration and 10 point deductions, which has had a significant influence on teams moving between divisions in the past.

Bournemouth are an example of a team who have gambled. In the past they came close to going out of the league. Last year they were promoted by spending £33m more than the income that their (relatively) small fanbase generates.

Leicester winning the league is like us winning the conference the other year: a group of players fighting for each other and making the use of what talent they have and, at the same time, enjoying a year in which the usual challengers have been pretty awful. The year we won the conference Oxford imploded, let's not forget that. They were on 50 points after 21 games on 25th November but didn't win another league game for three months - Oxford's form for the last 25 games that season would have seen them finish only 4 points above relegation had they played like that all year.
Auntie Merge

we haven't achieved our natural level yet.
I expect us to level out as a football league Championship/league one yo-yo club.

Just as soon as we start winning 6-0 again.