Released

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
IanC

No surprises Benno and Scotty G have been released by Luton and Partridge gone at Newport.
Diggerthedog

no way we can afford what benno will want unless he takes a huge cut. Widdowson is contracted so doubt we will bombhead back.
TommyD&R

Femi too
Mikins

Partridge released as well, Medi offered new terms.
Sorry about your damn luck!
TommyD&R

Magnus transfer listed too. Hopefully Robbo and Arber come out of retirement as well.
Lcbdagger

TommyD&R wrote:Magnus transfer listed too. Hopefully Robbo and Arber come out of retirement as well.
Not quite sure what happened to Magnus... one I thought would thrive in a higher league. Perhaps another player who looked better with Doe than he maybe was??
BarkingRambo

Lcbdagger wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Magnus transfer listed too. Hopefully Robbo and Arber come out of retirement as well.
Not quite sure what happened to Magnus... one I thought would thrive in a higher league. Perhaps another player who looked better with Doe than he maybe was??
He is still recovering from that Vincelot header when they knocked each other out
mickeyblue

he played most of his career in league 1, as he got older he going like most down the leagues
but we finished 9th!
TommyD&R

Lcbdagger wrote:
200 odd League 1 apps and captain for most of his time at Colchester so he must've been half decent
DagenHammer87

I love these threads because there's always the usual piss taking about bringing people out of retirement.

Getting out of the conference sharpish will be tough enough as it is; without having to identify young talent and gelling them into a team and expecting them to get us up at the first time of asking.

If success means taking a bit of a hit and bringing back experienced people who know the club (and adding academy/non league gems) into the mix for a couple of years then I say do it.
TommyD&R

Howell's signed for another year at Boreham
BarkingRambo

Passley has been saying his goodbyes on twitter so that's him gone. Post is reporting timekeeping issues has lead to Still has lost patience with him.

As a right back its no great loss, as a winger its a shame to lose him. He came up with some valuable goals for us and I thought we would be eager to keep him on for his versatility.
steeevooo

BarkingRambo wrote:Post is reporting timekeeping issues
I may be wrong, but I believe that his loan spell at Pompey was marred (though not ultimately ended) by poor timekeeping and off-pitch discipline...
NBDag

Gutted about Passley leaving. One of the few that I actually wanted to keep. Romford Recorder says
"But with Passley believed to have incurred the wrath of manager John Still following a time keeping issue after the home loss to Portsmouth, it looks like his time is now up".

The only thing I can think of for this is when Passley got booked before half-time for running off with the ball at a goal kick to waste time. Was a bloody stupid thing for him to do, but a real shame if that's then led on to his departure.
TomMc

NBDag wrote:Gutted about Passley leaving. One of the few that I actually wanted to keep. Romford Recorder says
"But with Passley believed to have incurred the wrath of manager John Still following a time keeping issue after the home loss to Portsmouth, it looks like his time is now up".

The only thing I can think of for this is when Passley got booked before half-time for running off with the ball at a goal kick to waste time. Was a bloody stupid thing for him to do, but a real shame if that's then led on to his departure.
Punctuality, not time-wasting.