Shock news

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

TomMc wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:The transfer fee was £35K (yes that's right £35K not £350K) according to my source at Coventry. Not sure if there is a sell on in the contract but I bloody hope so!
Didn't the same guy also say it was a free transfer a little while ago?
Yep - true enough but I don't understand why it is 'undisclosed' other than to save our embarrassment?
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
TomMc

RampantDuke wrote: Yep - true enough but I don't understand why it is 'undisclosed' other than to save our embarrassment?
Could be any number of reasons, maybe we don't want other teams (or prospective sigings) to we've come into a little cash - gives them the advantage when negotiating a transfer deal or contract.

It's not like it's our first "undisclosed" transfer we've been involved in - don't think we declared fees for Southam, Hawkins, Cobby, Matthews, Dwight Gayle, Taiwo or Griffiths either. In fact the only one I can remember us properly announced was Heffer?
Voice of reason

It might suit both clubs to keep the figures to themselves.
Both are in the market for other players so won't want prospective sellers to have a benchmark to use in the negotiations
RampantDuke

Alan wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:The transfer fee was £35K (yes that's right £35K not £350K) according to my source at Coventry. Not sure if there is a sell on in the contract but I bloody hope so!
Please tell me this is not true.
It isn't true.
Hi Alan - how do you know that? I'm honestly not trying to be facetious and am just as gutted as everyone else if it is true but would be good to know who your source is and also how much it was for if it wasn't £35K :-)
Alan

You can't really expect me to answer that on a public forum, can you?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Voice of reason wrote:Jodi still had a year to go on his contract with Daggers
My understanding is that a six figure fee was paid to Daggers with a significant percentage of any sell on fee should Coventry sell him during the 4 years of his contract with them
I suspect that there will also be additional payments based on appearances etc
Six figure is a big range £100,000 to anywhere upto £990,000 so we could be guessing all day.

Simple why its undisclosed, when you rock up at a fans forum you wont be able to ask wheres the money gone when you are told we have not got a pot to piss in.

If we have got a 100k then we have done well, simply not worth anymore at the moment and would not be surprised if we dont get another penny.

Was not so long ago that Jack Connors was the next big asset and he was on his way this week for nothing.

Any light shines brightly in a dark room and I am afraid we have been in a very dark one.
RampantDuke

Alan wrote:You can't really expect me to answer that on a public forum, can you?
Fair enough. I assume it is someone in the club but can you at least give us a ball park figure of the true worth of the deal?
ARNU

Right.Good luck to Jody Jones.I hope his talent can be bought out and he has a wonderfull career.I thank him for what he did.(?)

But.......

Based on actual achievements at Dagenham and Redbridge for us this season he wasn't worth anything.This is because of a number of things not necessarily down to him.Its right he has gone to coventry where maybe he can develop araound players that give a ****** and a manager that will look after him.(Im sure JS would have done that too but recognise Dagenham wasn't the place or right time for him)This was the wrong club for him (And others)and we are now in the conference again because of that.

Have you ever had £35k of your own,in notes ? You wouldn't have done it on Jody jones based on the season he just had,its a lot of money.Its probably more than the gate money on a normal Saturday league game.I don't know everyones situation on here but some of you id imagine wouldn't earn that in a year either.Its not monopoly money.be grateful and move on clicking your heels id say.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:Right.Good luck to Jody Jones.I hope his talent can be bought out and he has a wonderfull career.I thank him for what he did.(?)

But.......

Based on actual achievements at Dagenham and Redbridge for us this season he wasn't worth anything.This is because of a number of things not necessarily down to him.Its right he has gone to coventry where maybe he can develop araound players that give a ****** and a manager that will look after him.(Im sure JS would have done that too but recognise Dagenham wasn't the place or right time for him)This was the wrong club for him (And others)and we are now in the conference again because of that.

Have you ever had £35k of your own,in notes ? You wouldn't have done it on Jody jones based on the season he just had,its a lot of money.Its probably more than the gate money on a normal Saturday league game.I don't know everyones situation on here but some of you id imagine wouldn't earn that in a year either.Its not monopoly money.be grateful and move on clicking your heels id say.
Good point Arnu although at £35K I'm not sure who should be clicking their heel - us or Coventry!
ARNU

RampantDuke wrote:
ARNU wrote:Right.Good luck to Jody Jones.I hope his talent can be bought out and he has a wonderfull career.I thank him for what he did.(?)

But.......

Good point Arnu although at £35K I'm not sure who should be clicking their heel - us or Coventry!
Chances are there add ons.Despite being largely unimpressed you can see that the boy has something about him and I think he'll do well.Coventry if they look after him will get a great player,he was wasted here.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !