Shock news

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/c ... 07269.aspx

Good luck Jodi, thanks for all the money (I hope).
Lcbdagger

Could be a star in a team that scores goals and isn't relying solely on him to change games... certainly not what we needed at this moment in time and a great deal financially I would imagine relative to what he contributed to us this season (certainly in points won).

Hopefully a decent sell on
RampantDuke

The transfer fee was £35K (yes that's right £35K not £350K) according to my source at Coventry. Not sure if there is a sell on in the contract but I bloody hope so!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

RampantDuke wrote:The transfer fee was £35K (yes that's right £35K not £350K) according to my source at Coventry. Not sure if there is a sell on in the contract but I bloody hope so!
Please tell me this is not true.
TommyD&R

So Oliver Hawkins cost roughly the same then?
stanton101

TommyD&R wrote:So Oliver Hawkins cost roughly the same then?
Not quite, they had to pay us to take him :D
TommyD&R

stanton101 wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:So Oliver Hawkins cost roughly the same then?
Not quite, they had to pay us to take him :D
I'll have you know we scored straight after the mighty Hawk came on against Crawley. He had that much of an impact.
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote:
RampantDuke wrote:The transfer fee was £35K (yes that's right £35K not £350K) according to my source at Coventry. Not sure if there is a sell on in the contract but I bloody hope so!
Please tell me this is not true.
It isn't true.
ARNU

Its a result. Based purely on what hes done so far (That's er ****** all)I think its more than generous.Good luck to the lad,but he aint done anything yet to suggest any more than he might get better.Its a lot of money if he turns out shit isn't it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NBDag

Good luck to him. I'm sure he can go on to spend most of his career in the Championship, if not higher.

Surely the £35k mentioned is wrong- they absolutely love him up there so I'd like to think that Dagenham would have asked for much, much more than that. Do we also get compensation for him being under 25? Like with what's happened with Danny Ings. Or is that a completely different thing?
BarkingRambo

NBDag wrote:Good luck to him. I'm sure he can go on to spend most of his career in the Championship, if not higher.

Surely the £35k mentioned is wrong- they absolutely love him up there so I'd like to think that Dagenham would have asked for much, much more than that. Do we also get compensation for him being under 25? Like with what's happened with Danny Ings. Or is that a completely different thing?
Sadly we only get compensation if he moved because he was out of contract with us.

Tony Mowbray has come out and said it was a big battle for his signature so I highly doubt he went for such a small fee although I also doubt he moved for more money than Gayle (I'm sure that was rumoured to be about £250k).
Voice of reason

Jodi still had a year to go on his contract with Daggers
My understanding is that a six figure fee was paid to Daggers with a significant percentage of any sell on fee should Coventry sell him during the 4 years of his contract with them
I suspect that there will also be additional payments based on appearances etc
TomMc

Didn't the same guy also say it was a free transfer a little while ago?
Voice of reason

The Head of Recruitment and Coventry said it was their most valuable signing in years. It's described as 'undisclosed' so my hunch is that the Coventry fan is on a wind up