On This Day

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

In 2010,The Daggers beat Morecambe 6-0 at Home in the Coca Cola League Two Play-off semi final first leg.

Sigh!
ARNU

Can you believe that's 7 years ago ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:In 2010,The Daggers beat Morecambe 6-0 at Home in the Coca Cola League Two Play-off semi final first leg.

Sigh!

And no one has ever doubted my predictions since.
RayleighDagger1986

Is that not 6 years ago Arnu
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Can you believe that's 7 years ago ?
No, as it was 6 years ago.
ARNU

Feels like 7 years ago. Still when Johnny hoof brings all those players back to start for us in the conference next year maybe that reality will finally destroy all this nostalgia you all desperately want to return.
stanton101

Unfortunately the vast majority on here have hoofy tinted glasses on to days gone by and that's fine, good luck to them. But the harsh reality will come next season. I sincerely hope JS does well, but personally I don't think he will, the game has moved on dramatically since those heady days and sadly, I think he'll be found wanting.
mickeyblue

whatever happens next season it be alot better than the last 2, which aint bloody hard.
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Unfortunately the vast majority on here have hoofy tinted glasses on to days gone by and that's fine, good luck to them. But the harsh reality will come next season. I sincerely hope JS does well, but personally I don't think he will, the game has moved on dramatically since those heady days and sadly, I think he'll be found wanting.
I think you'll find that "Johnny Hoof" won the Conference for the third time as recently as 2013/14 so I am sure he still knows what is needed. Whether we can compete is a different question as he has to pretty much start from scratch again, but we will have the parachute payments to assist in rebuilding.

He might not have been many people's first choice once the board finally blew Burnett away and I acknowledge it was a step backward to reappoint him a third time, but you can't argue that the man does not care about the football club (he could have been tucked up in Cyprus in retirement by now) or does not understand the level he now finds himself at.
TomMc

stanton101 wrote:Unfortunately the vast majority on here have hoofy tinted glasses on to days gone by and that's fine, good luck to them.
Whereas you've been completely open-minded throughout, right?
Kevin

TomMc wrote:
stanton101 wrote:Unfortunately the vast majority on here have hoofy tinted glasses on to days gone by and that's fine, good luck to them.
Now be fair Tom, he has said "I sincerely hope JS does well" - and I certainly haven't seen anything in his 3,874 posts since Still returned to disbelieve any of that aforementioned sincerity.

:shock:
TomMc

Kevin wrote: Now be fair Tom, he has said "I sincerely hope JS does well" - and I certainly haven't seen anything in his 3,874 posts since Still returned to disbelieve any of that aforementioned sincerity.

:shock:
;)
ARNU

I sincerely hope John Still does well.

I Sincerely think he will do ok.

Whereas a good few on here daren't question his motives tactics ability and the things he says,I sincerely will.
stanton101

TomMc wrote:
And why's that, because I have the audacity to question the messiah's methods? I said all along the job should have been put out to others as well. We had great times under JS but let's not kid ourselves we had some dark times as well. And yes I do sincerely hope that he does well, why wouldn't I, I've paid my money and followed the team around the country like others have and from what I saw there was no difference whatsoever. I'm sorry if that offends people on here, but I'm going on what I've witnessed which wasn't much I'm afraid. Just because he's a Dagenham old boy doesn't make him exempt as would be the case if anyone else failed to keep the club in the league.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote:
TomMc wrote:
And why's that, because I have the audacity to question the messiah's methods? I said all along the job should have been put out to others as well. We had great times under JS but let's not kid ourselves we had some dark times as well. And yes I do sincerely hope that he does well, why wouldn't I, I've paid my money and followed the team around the country like others have and from what I saw there was no difference whatsoever. I'm sorry if that offends people on here, but I'm going on what I've witnessed which wasn't much I'm afraid. Just because he's a Dagenham old boy doesn't make him exempt as would be the case if anyone else failed to keep the club in the league.
There was a massive difference between the first half and second half of the season it was there for all to see, results did not improve but performances certainly did but ultimately the players were just not good enough.

Did I want Still back? Nope but he is here now and I confident he will sort it out and has done so by getting rid of the crap players we had to endure.