3 year plan

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

The club should have a 3 year plan to return to the football league.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36335384
IanC

Brilliant news if this gets the go ahead,been saying for years the FL should have another division.Theres so many full time clubs outside of it now it had to happen eventually.And all the reasons stated for doing it make sense and is a total no brainer.
A S dagger97

Sureley there can be no arguments against it and I would assume almost all the FL clubs would approve of this as well. Considering the increasing number of pro clubs that are about outside the league and this will enourage more to go full time. Hopefully we can take advantage of it if this happens.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
DagenHammer87

I think the idea to reduce the midweek fixtures is a fantastic idea and will encourage more through the gates across the country.

I also like the idea of restructuring the football league trophy and think it's a good idea to use international weekends will keep a bit of interest in clubs.

There's a long way to go though with getting 90% to agree from the league.

Plus it raises issues with how they'll sort these divisions out with promotions, relegations and playoffs. It's only for one year though.

8th in the conference has to be the target by that season then!
Dagger83

A S dagger97 wrote:Sureley there can be no arguments against it and I would assume almost all the FL clubs would approve of this as well. Considering the increasing number of pro clubs that are about outside the league and this will enourage more to go full time. Hopefully we can take advantage of it if this happens.
I can't see the Championship clubs voting for it as I assume it means 7 clubs going down one year or no promotion to the PL. You also have money spread over more clubs.

I can't see this being given the green light somehow.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Adrian

It looks to be full of holes to me.
Why would clubs get more money if there's more clubs, but smaller leagues.
Smaller leagues means fewer games, so less gate money.
TV companies aren't that interested in League 1 and 2 now so aren't going to be looking to chuck more money for an extra division.

The more weekend/bank holiday games doesn't make sense either. There aren't many of hose left empty as it is.
IanC

I think most championship clubs would welcome it,lets be fair most of em and loads of clubs elsewhere, all they do all year every year is moan about they play too many games and the schedules.
Mark

My initial feeling is not many clubs will look on this positively.

I am not sure why any club would vote for less home matches per season and for a season where the relegation trapdoor is enormous. Fixture congestion is normally a moan of the manager not the guys counting the pound notes.

Many clubs will suddenly find themselves an extra rung away from the prem as they'll have to do some huge relegations to trim the divisions by 4.

The brief says no team will be left worse off financially but then pretty much says they've got no idea how that will be achieved.

Not to mention that this is likely to be a trojan horse to get those prem B teams elected to the FL...
Adrian

The bit about the bottom two teams in the FL doesn't make sense either.
If you're creating an extra division then at least 12 clubs are going.to have to move from the current 4th division into the new 5th division.
Auntie Merge

I can't see this getting off the ground tbh.
They need 90% of clubs in the FL to agree.

Yet it all feels like one big smokescreen to get B teams in the
Football League structure.
TommyD&R

Mark wrote: Not to mention that this is likely to be a trojan horse to get those prem B teams elected to the FL...
Yeah this is pretty much spot on. Doubt the prem would've got involved otherwise
Diggerthedog

It's all about B teams nothing to do with the lower reaches. Premier league clubs are pushing for it behind close doors after their first idea was bombed out.

If we end up playing B teams I certainly won't be watching.
steeevooo

I agree with the above - I also see no way that this will get the overwhelming majority that it needs to get enacted. Why would lower league clubs vote to play 4 less home matches a season when funds and budgets are tight as it is? It also mentions that the FA Cup games could move to midweek with no replays - perfect for the Premiership teams who don't care about/don't need it, but destroying for the lower and non league clubs who will potentially lose out on vast gate receipts and other income.

I believe the reason for these proposals are twofold - the first being mentioned a few times above - it being a mechanism to push 'B' teams into the Football League setup. The second I believe is that this is a mechanism to enable the poor overworked Premiership players/teams to get their winter break/holiday.

I see no way that these proposals will see the light of day.
Kevin

Absolute bag of shite.

Greg Dyke can shove each & every one of his B Teams up his wrinkly crustated old 'arris.

:roll:
A S dagger97

I wouldnt oppose to the extra league however, B teams what a ******** discrace this is.If the Fa want young english players to play then perhaps stop clubs buying all these players no one has heard of and give them a bloody chance to play FFS.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!