Season Tickets

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

admin wrote:
Adrian wrote:What about people that want to go and watch football but not have atmosphere forced on them?
You know we could all just go to football and stand/sit in silence. Then when we score rather than cheer we could all give a small and polite clap. Sounds great
You can if you want to. I think that would be a little boring and showing a failure to understand my point.
NBDag

A decent atmosphere will develop when we all start to enjoy watching Dagenham play again. Also as I've said so many times stop giving the drum to those kids who just want to record their songs for YouTube, and give it to whoever had the drum at York. As that game was dire and they still managed to keep the crowd going.
The Romford Dagger

durnzo wrote:The atmosphere is football. But I can understand some people don't want to get involved and watch instead. To each their own. The problem I see is that there either isn't any organisation of people wanting to make an atmosphere into the same area of the ground so that it becomes noticeable, or there just isn't enough people who want to make any noise. I fear the latter, not seen too many people starting/joining in songs over there. I'll "sing" for 90 mins quite happily, for me it's a massive part of going football, but not on my own and not when there's pricks who like to take the piss out of those trying to make an atmosphere. There's a few of them knocking about in the sieve.
You only have to think back to that time on here when I tried to help improve the atmosphere with that 'meet in the TBS' plan. Whilst I was trying to spread some awareness of it, I was met with many sarcastic and bitchy responses by some on here.

People moan about the noise, and then moan that it'll never work and that they wouldn't even join in as they couldn't be arsed.

But that was when i had a ST at daggers. Of the 5/6 games I made last season, the atmosphere was trying to be started by the younguns at the front, again met with sarcy comments. Although I was stunned to hear a Jihadi John chant once i must say.
Diggerthedog

The Romford Dagger wrote:
durnzo wrote:The atmosphere is football. But I can understand some people don't want to get involved and watch instead. To each their own. The problem I see is that there either isn't any organisation of people wanting to make an atmosphere into the same area of the ground so that it becomes noticeable, or there just isn't enough people who want to make any noise. I fear the latter, not seen too many people starting/joining in songs over there. I'll "sing" for 90 mins quite happily, for me it's a massive part of going football, but not on my own and not when there's pricks who like to take the piss out of those trying to make an atmosphere. There's a few of them knocking about in the sieve.
You only have to think back to that time on here when I tried to help improve the atmosphere with that 'meet in the TBS' plan. Whilst I was trying to spread some awareness of it, I was met with many sarcastic and bitchy responses by some on here.

People moan about the noise, and then moan that it'll never work and that they wouldn't even join in as they couldn't be arsed.

But that was when i had a ST at daggers. Of the 5/6 games I made last season, the atmosphere was trying to be started by the younguns at the front, again met with sarcy comments. Although I was stunned to hear a Jihadi John chant once i must say.
Those knobs wont be here next season. Some of the people at orient away I have never seen in my life and hope not to see them again.
ARNU

When they give us something to cheer about im sure we'll cheer.Can anyone tell me where the drums going next season so I can go the opposite side.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:When they give us something to cheer about im sure we'll cheer.Can anyone tell me where the drums going next season so I can go the opposite side.
Going to be a drum on all four sides I hear :lol:
durnzo

My point exactly, there's quite a few people over there who take the piss out of those who try and make a bit of noise. I'll never understand it myself, if you're going to give up your Saturday then why not try and extract some joy out if the experience. Going to a football ground and taking the piss out of teenagers for trying to enjoy themselves is a pretty poor pass time in my opinion.

On the subject of the youngsters, they may sing some poor taste songs but they are all pretty much under 20. Anyone who's my age, 33, or older who's been going football all their lives but has never seen/done anything worse has either not been going football all their lives or had police issue horse blinkers on. They're young and enjoying themselves, sometimes they'll overstep the mark and be divs. I certainly did at that age but now I've grown up I dont (for the most part!). At least they make some noise when they're there. I don't mind them.
mickeyblue

33 and al grown up lol remind yourself of that in 10 years .

completly agree with you tho
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

durnzo wrote:

My point exactly, there's quite a few people over there who take the piss out of those who try and make a bit of noise. I'll never understand it myself, if you're going to give up your Saturday then why not try and extract some joy out if the experience. Going to a football ground and taking the piss out of teenagers for trying to enjoy themselves is a pretty poor pass time in my opinion.

On the subject of the youngsters, they may sing some poor taste songs but they are all pretty much under 20. Anyone who's my age, 33, or older who's been going football all their lives but has never seen/done anything worse has either not been going football all their lives or had police issue horse blinkers on. They're young and enjoying themselves, sometimes they'll overstep the mark and be divs. I certainly did at that age but now I've grown up I dont (for the most part!). At least they make some noise when they're there. I don't mind them.
You might not mind them, but some do. Unacceptable behaviour is unacceptable no matter how old someone is, how much they're enjoying themselves or if it's happened before.
Adrian

Your problem was that you tried. Atmosphere isn't something that can be made or forced. It will happen naturally.
We've had an uninspiring set of players for a few years with no real character to most of them.
Weve had no one like Robbo, Nurse or even Femi that could get the crowd going a bit, or any inspiring performances - no comeback from 2 down against a team from a league above.
The Romford Dagger

Adrian wrote:

Your problem was that you tried. Atmosphere isn't something that can be made or forced. It will happen naturally.
We've had an uninspiring set of players for a few years with no real character to most of them.
Weve had no one like Robbo, Nurse or even Femi that could get the crowd going a bit, or any inspiring performances - no comeback from 2 down against a team from a league above.
Right, I'm gonna mention Ipswich now as it's a perfect example of how trying to force an atmosphere can absolutely work. Same with palace.

At Ipswich 6 seasons ago a group was made which began with 2 people trying to start an atmosphere in one bit of the ground, like I did. It attracted 50 people. My attempts attracted about 20 people.

As the season went on at Ipswich that number grew and grew. 'Section 6' at Portman Road now has 3000 people just 6 years later. Crystal palace are the best home fans in the country many say and their group has grown over tr last ten seasons.

The point here is that these groups have to start somewhere. Even at the smaller clubs fans join together, often near away fans and try to get an atmosphere going.

It didn't work at Dagenham when I tried. But at least I tried. It COULD'VE worked if not met with mass cynicism.
Auntie Merge

If you are talking about atmosphere at the Daggers well the club did their best to kill it about 10 years ago when they said the 'barmy army' couldn't stand near the sieve tea bar but moved them along. Someone had
Apparently complained they were two noisy because for one game they had two drums.

When the team start playing as a team - something we haven't seen for a while and winning more home games than we have in recent years. The atmosphere will come back. There should be a known section though where those who want to make noise stand - that is how the barmy army noise grew. People who would sing knew to stand close.
admin
Site Admin

I'm with the Ipswich fan on this. The way to do it is by creating some form of supporters group dedicated to just that. They also need to have their own section of the ground to do it in, that's how you build atmosphere.

I'd also like to add to this, although the kids in the sieve don't do things perfectly, at least there trying. Your never going to get the sieve going or create an atmosphere to roar the team on with a handful of kids but surely they should be respected for trying to do something which no other Daggers fans are trying to do.

Let's be brutally honest about this, I've heard more noise at a funeral than at recent Daggers home matches
ARNU

This is the football equivalent of faking an orgasm.

Wouldn't you rather take part in an actual atmosphere than this fake one that will never get off the ground.Believe me if crystal palace were bottom of the prem it would have been very quiet there as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I agree with all this; supporter groups do tend to work in creating atmosphere, and I reckon we have enough to form one. Give them a bit of the sieve, maybe a nice flag and a facebook group, it would really help