Season Tickets

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
durnzo

I'm renewing in the sieve. Mainly because I hate sitting down at football, but also because it means we can move away from any divs who happen to be taking away from the enjoyment of the day!
Pondfield Dagger

for those getting a season ticket in the TBS, they will have no access to the bar will they?
surely the bar is segregated? and will be for away supporters only.
Mark

Think this was answered earlier, bar is not segregated.
Diggerthedog

Most games are not segregated at conference level. Cant wait to swap ends at half time.
admin
Site Admin

You've got to look at our home match day experience in comparison with teams around us and I'm sorry to say, we look poor in comparison. When your going to Victoria Road the only times you know there's a football match on is 1. When you get to Victoria Road itself (nothing suggests there's a match on before hand) or 2. When there's a large away support present. We don't really have a proper HOME pub, we have the clubhouse which is alright but pretty basic. When you get into the stadium itself, you can hear a pin drop in the ground, it's dead in there.

Now when I compare that to other grounds I've been too either our standard of below and quite frankly, they put us to shame. I went to an Ebbsfleet United home game a couple of weeks ago and their match day experience was much better than ours. To me I view that as worrying.
Diggerthedog

As I understand Ebbsfleet have won most of the games they play last two years and no doubt their match day experience is currently better but how would it be had they constantly lost for 5 years?

We need a couple of seasons of better product and it will return.
Mark

I have to say I think spacing the home fans out even more is a bad idea. 200-300 people per side of the ground makes for a very quiet game. I guess they needed to find a way to stop TBS becoming a white elephant but for most games you could probably close it and put away fans in the Mary Celeste.
Dagdale

Signed up TBS/Carling but as we've now lost the Fish think were have nearly all the games in the TBS, comparing prices to the other clubs in the National League a seat at 250 nicker ain't too bad. Really hope come May we can say it was worth every penny!
admin
Site Admin

Diggerthedog wrote:As I understand Ebbsfleet have won most of the games they play last two years and no doubt their match day experience is currently better but how would it be had they constantly lost for 5 years?

We need a couple of seasons of better product and it will return.
That's true, but they expect that win. They were 12 points clear at the top of their league and blew it, yet the atmosphere and match day experience was still better than ours. Also Ebbsfleet was just an example, I was saying our atmosphere is poor compared to a lot of teams around us.

I'm a young man, and I have no shame in saying I want to go to football, create a good atmosphere and get behind my team. I think that's only normal.
Adrian

What about people that want to go and watch football but not have atmosphere forced on them?
mickeyblue

sit in the carling or family stand or maybe football not for them.
but we finished 9th!
admin
Site Admin

Adrian wrote:What about people that want to go and watch football but not have atmosphere forced on them?
You know we could all just go to football and stand/sit in silence. Then when we score rather than cheer we could all give a small and polite clap. Sounds great
mickeyblue

cant clap cucumber sandwich in way
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

Adrian wrote:What about people that want to go and watch football but not have atmosphere forced on them?
I bet you're a hoot in a boozer.
durnzo

The atmosphere is football. But I can understand some people don't want to get involved and watch instead. To each their own. The problem I see is that there either isn't any organisation of people wanting to make an atmosphere into the same area of the ground so that it becomes noticeable, or there just isn't enough people who want to make any noise. I fear the latter, not seen too many people starting/joining in songs over there. I'll "sing" for 90 mins quite happily, for me it's a massive part of going football, but not on my own and not when there's pricks who like to take the piss out of those trying to make an atmosphere. There's a few of them knocking about in the sieve.