Howell and Doe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DagenHammer87

In my opinion, this highlights how important it was for the club to clear the deadwood.

I was disappointed when both left last summer and was surprised to see where they were prepared to play just to get away.

From the performances on and off the field, top to bottom; it's become ever more apparent that there were toxic elements at the club.

It also shows a split in the dressing room between those who liked Wayne and those who clearly didn't.

Hopefully next year we'll see a united team and management who want to bring back the good feeling to the place.

Fingers crossed this improves performances, better results and a nicer atmosphere at the ground to get people through the turnstiles.

Welcome back lads.
NBDag

I really hope that bringing Howell in is an addition to what we have in midfield, and not a replacement for Labadie.
TomMc

I do feel like history's being a little bit rewritten here, Luke got offered a contract last year, asked to think about it, went away, came back to accept it and got told by Burnett that it was no longer on the table but one with reduced terms (and wages) was. If not for that he would've re-signed then.

Not forgetting Scott Doe signed his last contract with us the week after Still left for Luton. Obviously the relationship broke down when Burnett dropped him when we all knew Saah was the weak link, but the assumption it was all due to a toxic atmosphere at the club isn't quite right.
RayleighDagger1986

Let's not forget who gave Burnett the contract extension last summer. They are as much to blame for the squads demise resulting in loyal players like Doe and Howell moving on.
I reckon Howell's 2 year contract is a much better offer than the reduced one last summer. If so why did we not go all out to secure his signature 12 months ago!!
daggersjeff

ARNU wrote:This is possibly an exception to my otherwise general principle that bringing back old players is a step backwards.They both had unfinished business here so im sure this is a positive move.Please please don't do the Benno thing though unless hes gonna be a coach.
Did you by chance see Benno's 45 minutes today?

Think you may of had a different view on this if you did