posh

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

League Two Attendances according to ESPN

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/le ... wo?cc=5739

Must also remember we have had Friends for a fiver and Kids for a Quid promotions.

The last Home Attendance was 213 up from the previous for HOME fans which was most likely a majority of Kids For a Quid.

It is just not about playing staff wages we also have back room staff, bar, media, groundsman, physio and Hospitality Staff etc to pay.
Richie

I just hope the club give us an idea of how much we receive (if he goes)

Like with Gayle, I recall the story giving details without stating the exact figure. To me anything over £400k is a fair sale, anything below is not.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think one or two things are overlooked here and before any rational conclusion can be made need to be answered. Many of these questions will however remain confidential.

A year on from the sale of Gayle and nobody is completely aware of the deal done between Dagenham and Redbridge and Peterborough.

Turning to Rhys

The Player is under contract and therefore the Club are not obliged to sell.

However every Club in this Country has a value they have for their Players. Even Barcelona and Real Madrid have such a price for Messi and Ronnaldo.

For Peterborough to have asked to speak to Rhys they must have matched the valuation of that Player. Who values the Player ? well that remains a mystery but somewhere in our organisation there must be somebody charged with that task.

Nobody knows what that fee is and what terms. For instance if there is a clause in the contract that says a fee is payable if Peterborough make the Championship then initially the offer may not be as good as an offer made by Coventry or Bradford but long term could prove to be far more attractive. None of us know and until we do how the hell can anybody be judgemental on the Club for the decision made.

Somewhere along the line the Manager must have been consulted and agreed to let Rhys speak to Peterborough.

For a Manager to do this he must be confident he can find a replacement even more so if it is accepted that there is no need to sell.

Another question that needs to be asked and we will never know is the whole fee raised is going to the Manager to find a replacement? If not the whole fee then what proportion of that fee will be made available to him. If the Manager is given another 300k over the next three seasons to add to his wage budget then that surely puts another consideration into the pot.

Then we turn to the player himself.

All this has to be made worth it to him. Over the course of this season a number of us have had conversations with Rhys Mum and Dad at away games. They are a very pleasant open couple who sit amongst us fans. His Dad is in fact one of his biggest critics and was not very complimentary when he hit the post at Chesterfield ,an opinion that I thought was rather harsh. During the various conversations he has had with me I have been left in no doubt how happy Rhys is with us and all he wants to do is play regular football.

Therefore for this move to go through they will have to agree to his Personal terms. An extra £500 quid a week may not be enough for a Player desperate to play but with this transfer given no guareentee's of first team football. His Personal demands may well therefore scupper this deal.

With a number of issues outside the control of the Board and things that in no doubt will be kept confidential sometimes on the insistence of the buyer it is to me very unfair for the slating the Board are getting in some areas over this issue.

Only when the dot of every I and the cross of every t is known can anybody be in a position to pass judgement. The likelihood of this happening are therefore very remote,being in such a position leaves me with no option but to take the default position of Supporting both the Board and The Manager in thinking they will always take decisions in the best interest of The Club.

Just a footnote remember Brian Woodall and recall how quickly a supposed asset can turn to a burden in little over a year.
Lcbdagger

Good post Sussex... but Rhys has come from Arsenal and is working his way back up the leagues... Woodall clearly couldn't cope with the pro footballer life and imploded. Nothing like the same situation in terms of future potential.

As others have said, anything colse to £500k (with add ons for promotion, sell on etc) are welcome... a value even close to the £200-£250k quoted by SKY is scandalous on the run of form we are on.

Curious how this has played out... I wonder if this offer has had an impact on Burnett ensuring Woodall and Scott are off the playing budget in order for us to get someone in with a decent budget? Certainly big shoes to fill if we have a loanee or two coming in... especially if two come in together
bloke down the pub

Sell him to Posh now for £200k and they will move him on in July for 4/5m. Good business but not for us. Time for us to wake up
SUSSEX DAGGER

bloke down the pub wrote:Sell him to Posh now for £200k and they will move him on in July for 4/5m. Good business but not for us. Time for us to wake up
I doubt he will never fetch 4/5 million but even if he ever did it wont be as a Dagenham and Redbridge player, Time to keep the debate in the realms of reality.
easthamdagger

I know its the Daily Star but they are saying £250k
lupins

I think the important thing in this whole situation is not that we lose a good player, that's what we do because we need to.

Its not that the price won't be enough it probably will be in relation to the general market.

Its not that it is Peterborough though that's galling

Its not even that it might affect attendances, it won't

What it is this time unless we are capable of getting in some replacements of a certain quality then we are very much gambling with our League future. Letting Gayle go in October was the same and we got away with that by the narrowest of margins. Can we say with any certainty that we are safe. Not in my eyes

If losing a player is covered by others coming in then that is a judgement call and one that has to probably be made. Without replacements it should be a non starter
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Of all people Nicky Ajose scored a hat trick for them today, no idea if that means anything
matt_drfc

Saw someone say 150k is the figure, and our replacement is coming from Hornchurch.

If 150k is true then I'd be seriously shocked and annoyed. Would anyone take that?????

and Hornchurch have got 2 decent strikers in George Purcell and Stefan Payne both scored 15+ goals this season, Purcell is 25 and Payne is 22, so I'd guess that the younger player is more likely.

Also, I saw we are in talks with Ryan Hall, we had him a few years back on loan. Bit of a poor attitude I'm aware, got released from Leeds recently. Whether there's any truth to that I don't know.
TheLion

Whatever we get for Rhys, I do expect us to actually sign anyone for a fee. Have a guess how much we have actually spent on transfer fees IN over recent years? Not very much.

Wayne will probably be given an increase on his playing budget, or perhaps only allowed to spend the recent savings from released players. The monies in would probably go to bolster the DFC Lifeboat fund.

The worry is that we may not get one or two loan players in who can deliver in the necessary timescale.

I hope he stays for now or that I have it wrong but only time will tell.
SUSSEX DAGGER

In August I left Dulwich Hamlet utterly convinced we were going down.

Just saw those conscientious objectors of a Strike force that somehow kept us up last season fail for the countless occasion.

A strike force that was dumped on the new Manager, none of who were of his choosing.

The Manager was slated in many areas and was accused of not being up to it.

Then along came Rhys and a poor start to the season at Fleetwood was the only thing those doom mongers amongst us could complain about.

Also in that time not only did he secure a cracking Centre Forward for this level but also a Centre half who I would like to remind everybody if it was not for three suspensions and a Family Tragedy would have thus far prevented last years Player of the Year from getting a kick.

He also somehow persuaded probably the moist naturally gifted player in this division to join us.

We have also seen promising contributions from Jack Connors and not a bad senior debut start from Sean Sheilds.

Even the loan from Reading started playing out of his skin who was plainly not match fit when he joined us but was thrown in because of injuries to both Billy Bingham and Matt Saunders. It also looked like he had sourced another talent on loan but sadly the lad broke down.

This then had the airheads amongst us talking of Promotion.

For God sake People give the bloke a pat on the back because if he cant do sod all else he surely has proved he can spot a Player.

If Rhys does decide to go and I am convinced the Manager would have a say then I have every confidence that he will be able to fill the void. 10 new players have played for us since the Start of the season only two of which have failed to impress me.

He has shifted the deadwood that he inherited and has recruited far better players.

So for heaven sake wipe away the tears lets wish Rhys all the best and thank him for his efforts and the money he has generated if he decides to move on.

We then need to get behind the Manager who I have no doubt will find a replacement and who knows he may even find one that can bloody head the ball.

In Wayne we must all trust as he has done nothing wrong since his full time appointment that merits anybody saying anything to the country.
Dagdale

Pretty fair summary Sussex but a couple of factors that I hope if Rhys goes we will find the reason. What I cant get my head round as why the lad has to leave two thirds through a season when we are still unsure how were going to fair in this league come May 3rd and a player like him would make a difference on our outcome. At 21 whats the urgency pending he dont get any bad injuries his going to be on higher/ middle league clubs radar for quite a bit of the future and seems to be enjoying his time playing for the daggers. We all know we have to sell to survive with gates under 2,000 and overheads to sort out but we still have some balance on the Gayle money to make us a bit more comfortable , as a supporter isn't it the wish that we watch a side that wants to thrive on upwards and how can we obtain that or more importantly stay in that position when we seem to be a staging post for maturing players, enjoy watching what they are doing for us and give us hope then they're on their way. We've had an awful spell the last 7 or 8 games and true I did think we were going places earlier but if we can get back on track like the efforts of Brentford, Southend & Rochdale games and get Rhys and Billy back on form we could be a force again.
ARNU

I hear from a usually reliable source that we turned down a 300k bid for Rhys from Bradford recently.As a more prolific goalscorer than Gayle was for us,I cant see why we wouldn't get 500k + add-ons.Gayle could jump and head though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Absolutely nobody would be arguing about a Summer move for Rhys... i'm sure nobody on current form would begrudge either him or Zavon leaving in the Summer, however the final games of this season go.

The fact still remains that letting him go, for a financial figure that doesn't blow all other deals in this division out of the water, with a team low on strikers and on a porr(ish) run of form makes no long term financial or playing sense at all. The idea of Dickson leading the line on his own (even for one game) scares the living daylights out of me.

No-one will convince me his value goes down by the time this summer comes around... just hope to god that Peterborough have a huge promotion fee as part of any deal