posh

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

USADAGGER nick wrote:Never mind. I just saw it in the Ilford Recorder. I hope we got at least 500K but closer to 750K for him. Shouldn't have been sold for anything less. Hope we didn't over budget this season
If we get above £300K I'll be very surprised.
Richie

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Richie wrote:
Hard to comment without knowing the price - I imagine we don't need to sell but a big offer is always going to be accepted.... and rightly so.

We'll never know but with 18 months left on his contract I'd hope it's around £500k
Allegedly there is "never any value in the January transfer market" as clubs are desparate to buy so pay over the odds. Why should we not play that game and push any buyer up to a price that eases the pain sufficiently for us.

We are still 5 or 6 wins from "safety" here, and only 8 points off the relegation places. What would be the cost of going down?
Maybe we have? Realistically what price would ease the pain?
USADAGGER nick

Realistically, 50K would ease the pain, as that would be 50K we didn't have yesterday plus it takes rhys's wages off the books.
Richie

USADAGGER nick wrote:Realistically, 50K would ease the pain, as that would be 50K we didn't have yesterday plus it takes rhys's wages off the books.
Did you miss a zero off there? 50k for a young goalscorer!?!
USADAGGER nick

It was an example. You asked how much would ease some financial burden. My point was, even the smallest amount would ease the burden, because that's money we didn't have before and less money we have to pay out
Auntie Merge

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Oh bollocks.

Which one of you is @9men on Twitter by the way?
@9men is Mark B
matt_drfc

No price eases the pain as we don't see the benefit of it anyway.
Mike the Dagger

Richie wrote:
Maybe we have? Realistically what price would ease the pain?
Something that will allow us to get hold of a proven goalscorer at our level for the rest of the season, on loan if needed - bearing in mind we couldn't afford Benno for instance last time it was a possibility - plus a decent transfer kitty for next close season for Wayne to spend. It would be nice if we could also sort the car park pubbles out and redecorate/refurbish the clubhouse too.

If we don't have to sell... make us an offer we can't refuse or wait to the Summer. And if you have unsettled our striker by whispering in his or his agents ear, we'll have you up in front of the beak. Thank you Mr Fry!
ARNU

If only I hadn't highlighted areas in which he could improve.Woe is me,its all because of me.

Or is it cos footballers want to get on into the big league with all the money and trappings of the jet set and playing in front of bigger crowds and getting away from lg 2.Nah Merge....Cant be that.

No its cos of me and my silly mouth.

next......
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
easthamdagger

We have been told that we did not have to sell anyone as the Gayle money covered the payroll etc this season.We also know that if someone from a higher division comes in then the club let them go hopefully for a decent fee.However,why does it always seem to be Peterborough? Will we have a replacement ready as we haven't done the last couple of times.
As said previously,we are a selling club but it's getting bloody annoying that its Posh again.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:If only I hadn't highlighted areas in which he could improve.Woe is me,its all because of me.

Or is it cos footballers want to get on into the big league with all the money and trappings of the jet set and playing in front of bigger crowds and getting away from lg 2.Nah Merge....Cant be that.

No its cos of me and my silly mouth.

next......
Don't beat yourself up Arnu this day was coming from the moment I saw him pre season at Thurrock. Got told that the quality of the opposition was sub standard. Wish I could draw up some of the comments that were made at the time.

Knew he was a class act and good luck to the lad. His come here probably earning less money then even as a Youth Player at Arsenal, his worked hard and no doubt was told prove yourself and if the right offer came in we wont stand in your way.

Please remember he came here ahead of Northampton and a Scottish Club again probably on less money. The Lad has given 110% and kept his side of the bargain however much it hurts that's the only way we can ever hope of attracting such talent.

We will net a nice lot of money and turned another turd into a gem.

Use him CMS,Benson, Gayle, Green even Romain as recruiting seargents . DRFC is the place to go for those of you told there is no future.

Anyhow would any deal not include a clause like Gayles that a premium for an instant transfer.

So Daggers get your head out of the clouds we are not in a position to turn down decent money if you cant accept that you support the wrong Club.
rechitski kinzhal

I support the wrong club.
matt_drfc

Me too.
FullMetalDagger

I wish the best of luck to Murphy. But losing players in january is getting old. Dont tell us we dont need to sell, then sell.
SUSSEX DAGGER

rechitski kinzhal wrote:I support the wrong club.
Sorry my comments were a bit harsh and would like to retract them as they could be misinterpreted as an insult. Can I please assure you this was not my intention its just a case of what my dear old mum would say if you don't like my apples don't shake me tree and nothing else.

Interesting tho, I wonder if our continued transfer policy could end up driving People away.