Is it me

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Is it just me feeling slightly optimistic about next season.
BarkingRambo

I'm cautiously optimistic, I think I need to see this squad play together a few times before the nerves go.

I think we have brought in a good blend of people with experience and completely unknown elements, this combined with the trialists that I'm certain we will be bringing in means we have a lot to be excited about at the club. The deadwood is mostly gone and the old John Still is back doing what he does best.
Diggerthedog

There is a good mix of youth and experience with a few more to come in I would guess there will be a few more senior players added. I worry about the players that seem to have been at Luton but not played much due to injury but lets hope they come good.

I would guess a top 10 finish is on the cards as there are a lot of teams that will be very weak next season, Braintree and Dover will fall away after good seasons as one manager and both teams best players have moved on.

Be nice just to win some home games and anyone but Forest Green to win the league.
NBDag

Did feel very optimistic following the signings of Howell, Doe, Cousins and Assombalonga. However the two recent Luton signings don't sound special and I think Labadie, and soon to be Curo, leaving are huge losses.

I suppose I should probably wait to make an informed opinion on our chances of promotion following our games against Hendon and Ware!
daggersjeff

I've also heard today that McClure wont be staying...
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote:Did feel very optimistic following the signings of Howell, Doe, Cousins and Assombalonga. However the two recent Luton signings don't sound special and I think Labadie, and soon to be Curo, leaving are huge losses.

I suppose I should probably wait to make an informed opinion on our chances of promotion following our games against Hendon and Ware!
Dont see either as a loss, Labadie was poor did not score goals or provide assists did a lot of running around. Cureton was poor last season missed lots of chances.
Kevin

They were all poor last season!

Yes, some were 'less poor' - but all were bloody poor...hence the clearout needed.

Just my personal view, but there is not a single player from last year that I would lament leaving.
bloke down the pub

As long as you don't think your someone else Its ok to dream .
ARNU

daggersjeff wrote:I've also heard today that McClure wont be staying...
Total bag of shite good riddance. Did nothing all season yet people slate labadie the only player who tried every game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
daggersjeff wrote:I've also heard today that McClure wont be staying...
Total bag of shite good riddance. Did nothing all season yet people slate labadie the only player who tried every game.
Strange comparison as no one has praised McClure.

Labadie didn't try every game at all.
DI Mike Dashwood

Mmmm, I hope I am wrong, and may well be, but I don't think we will have enough experience or quality to trouble the top few places.

And always interesting to hear debates on how much someone did or didn't try. Not sure how that can ever be judged/proven either way.
ARNU

They all tried of that I have no doubt. Failure was the overall result. Only 3 players possibly 4 came out of last season with any real kudos. Doidge and labadie won player of the year I'd say the 2 keepers did their bit. The rest not good enough.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Mmmm, I hope I am wrong, and may well be, but I don't think we will have enough experience or quality to trouble the top few places.

And always interesting to hear debates on how much someone did or didn't try. Not sure how that can ever be judged/proven either way.
Why does an opinion have to be proved?
Paul from Barking

Yes, it is you
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Mmmm, I hope I am wrong, and may well be, but I don't think we will have enough experience or quality to trouble the top few places.

Agree with Mike experience will be vital for top end finish, I don't think we sold enough season tickets to get enough experienced players in. Be interesting to know how many we sold.