Is Rhys Murphy a Price Worth Paying

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Come on time to stop the doom and gloom, its what being a Dagger is all about.

Hypothetical question as I really have no idea but if the money from the sale of Rhys was invested in Players like Zav and Billy B by them signing longer deals would that soften the blow ?
matt_drfc

No and Zav won't sign a longer deal anyway :(
Mikins

And we've just fired two strikers and hired a loanee and crocked him. If we don't sign a replacement we'll be in deep shit by the end of the season, those contracts won't be worth squat if people don't want to play for us. Either way it needs to be good striker out *good * striker in. No donkeys please.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Richie

Yes, it would soften the blow.

BUT it wouldn't be enough. 2 new strikers are a must.
TheLion

Before John Still went to Luton he wrote in one of the programmes that the DFC Board would prefer to be a Conference club ( or words to that effect ).

It shocked me at the time, but the lack of direct Board investment, and the willingness to sell anyone at anytime, only convinces me that JohnS had a point.

With home support of 1500 or so, the club are probably losing £500k per season as a league 2 club.

The Gayle money would probably keep us afloat until the summer of 2015, so without money coming in from somewhere, there is only one outcome.

I am going to enjoy league 2 while it lasts, but not bother getting irritated at the lack of ambition.

Sorry to sound so negative, but without additional investment or more bums on seats, the numbers speak for themselves.
Dagdale

I think if were going to lose our No.1 striker no doubt the best we've had down our manor for years, its gotta be at least 400K, rattles me that, at what 21 surely we could get a full season from the guy, whether its to do with him , our club or posh till at least were in survival mode. If he goes can we get one or even if lucky two guys probably loanees to gel in such a short space of time now and get us scoring and most importantly not relegation material! Its not gonna be a carbon copy of this time last season surely?