Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. - For Sale ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:

Anyway, isn't this what most of you wanted??
Gone fishing?
Chigwellian

DI Dashwood.... I think most of us wanted Thommo to resign, with someone else brought in as MD... that is all!!
Diggerthedog

Someone has done some digging this guy currently owes his own company £430k via loans. This is all too dodgy for my liking but surely the board have done some due diligence.

This guy will invest this much in return of what? we have nothing.
Alan

Wouldn't read too much into directors loans as that's a common tax reduction vehicle.
DI Mike Dashwood

Not saying the guy is Richard Branson or that, but he shelled out £7m for his wedding, so he is clearly worth a few bob. Someone commented he is probably worth no more than the average fan but my wedding only cost me £6.5m so he has a little bit on me ;)

Chigwellian, I can't be bothered to go through loads of threads, but a number of supporters on here have said a lot more on the Club's set up and Board/Committee than just wanting Thommo to resign. Several have said Dave The Plumber should resign, several have referred to the "Old Boys Club" and said they should all move aside for fresh blood, several (including my good friend Arnu) have said we should seek new investment. So if (and lets be honest, the evidence here is based on not much more than guessing and here-say at the moment) this happens then a lot of people will have what they want won't they.
Diggerthedog

Where does it says his wedding cost 7 million? Sounds like Katie Price is buying the club.
DI Mike Dashwood

Just Google his name and put Wedding after DD. Plenty of reports and pictures and clips of it!!!
BB-Dagger

It seems that quite rightly a lot of people here are worried about an unknown entity possibly buying our club,
at the moment although it doesn't look promising it is not worth pre judging anyone and what they will do to our club before there are more facts on the table, he could end up being a saviour or he could end up being a chancer hoping to make a quick buck by already lining up another buyer, he could be a money launderer for a third party, he could be a front man for ISIS! It's all conjecture and anyone could make up a scenario to make him look bad.
My only request is that IF or WHEN this does happen he / they have the common decency to hold an open forum to give an explanation of any plans or objectives they have for our club, then we can give an opinion based on the outcome.
ARNU

If we were to progress and build on league 2 we needed a new board and new ideas,I cant see why we'd sack them now as they all have more experience at this level.and demonstrably have coped well in the past.As an investment I can only see one asset,the ground and sell it to build flats on,thats if we even own it, I don't know or particularly care to be honest,just my 2p worth.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:If we were to progress and build on league 2 we needed a new board and new ideas,I cant see why we'd sack them now as they all have more experience at this level.and demonstrably have coped well in the past.As an investment I can only see one asset,the ground and sell it to build flats on,thats if we even own it, I don't know or particularly care to be honest,just my 2p worth.
We don't own the ground, the council do.
ARNU

Ok.
Councils don't sell assets then?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Delved a little further and just from 3 of his dissolved companies it seems there was a total debt of £2.25m owing to various creditors including HMRC.

See below links to each and then on each you want to click on the PDF for "Statement of affairs Form 4.19"

AGP STEELS LTD / Dissolved May-14 - Debt to creditors £260,000
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

COMPLETE STEEL SERVICES LTD / Dissolved Dec-14 - Debt to creditors £1.6mil or £2.275mil (isn't clear from the creditors report as both figures seem to be mentioned as the total due.)

COMPLETE STEEL LTD - Dissolved Jan-13 Debt to creditors £352k or £404k (isn't clear from the creditors report as both figures seem to be mentioned as the total due.)

Either way, it seems a huge amount of money has been written off and IF, I repeat IF this bloke is intending in investing and/or buying the club I think we should all possibly be very worried indeed.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Delved a little further and just from 3 of his dissolved companies it seems there was a total debt of £2.25m owing to various creditors including HMRC.

See below links to each and then on each you want to click on the PDF for "Statement of affairs Form 4.19"

AGP STEELS LTD / Dissolved May-14 - Debt to creditors £260,000

COMPLETE STEEL SERVICES LTD / Dissolved Dec-14 - Debt to creditors £1.6mil or £2.275mil (isn't clear from the creditors report as both figures seem to be mentioned as the total due.)

COMPLETE STEEL LTD - Dissolved Jan-13 Debt to creditors £352k or £404k (isn't clear from the creditors report as both figures seem to be mentioned as the total due.)

Either way, it seems a huge amount of money has been written off and IF, I repeat IF this bloke is intending in investing and/or buying the club I think we should all possibly be very worried indeed.
We all thought the Club needed to start again if this goes tits up then we really will be.
Auntie Merge

Ive been at a funeral all day. Only just caught up with the news.

I am VERY WORRIED

Tell me where I need to protest and how many banners are required.
Diggerthedog

Whip round?