Dagenham & Redbridge F.C. - For Sale ???

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SteveW

Wasn't Dave Whelan an ex footballer with football in his blood and so had the best interests of the club at heart?

I think DtD is talking about someone who seems to have had no previous interest in a club/football (ie. The guy at Hornchurch).

How good would it be if we could find someone like Dave Whelan.
Diggerthedog

SteveW wrote:Wasn't Dave Whelan an ex footballer with football in his blood and so had the best interests of the club at heart?

I think DtD is talking about someone who seems to have had no previous interest in a club/football (ie. The guy at Hornchurch).

How good would it be if we could find someone like that.
Yes and also I said lower league club, wigan have been surviving on Prem TV money for years and still do.
TommyD&R

http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4588481

The fact that a former director is putting in an opposing bid says all you need to know about Tamplins bit.
Mike the Dagger

TommyD&R wrote:http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4588481

The fact that a former director is putting in an opposing bid says all you need to know about Tamplins bit.
Interesting stuff.

"Steel magnate"? Makes him sound like JR Ewing. This is a guy who sells RSJ's, correct?
Diggerthedog

GERRY GERRY GERRY GERRY
DI Mike Dashwood

Mike's point in his post at 8.11 this morning is in my view the most important one.

If we are under financial pressures then the Club should cut it's cloth accordingly. That is what this Club has done before (2 or 3 other times it has been under financial strain) and it survived and moved forward. Why should that change??

So it appears we are skint. However, there have been no stories of creditors being unpaid, of players not getting wages etc. If any of this had been case it would have come out (as everything does in this day and age).

So while things are bad, it is not a "no way out" situation. So as Mike said, then the Club should sit down, set a realistic budget and move on. It has a ground not needing any immediate work or upgrading. It has a loyal fan base in line with most other Clubs at Conference level. It has many long-standing, loyal and generous sponsors (West and Co, Traditonal Builders, Chigwell Construction, as many others of various sizes).

I don't buy this investment or change of this level is needed, whether it be from this fella or from Gerry. All seems like madness to me.
Voice of reason

Diggerthedog wrote:GERRY GERRY GERRY GERRY
I suggest someone prints off the Liquidator's reports from the link earlier in the thread and hands them out to all Full Members well ahead of the meeting
SteveW

Just received a message regarding the consortium bidding for the club.

The consortium is made up of Dave Ward, John East, Brian East, John Goodwin and Lee Goodwin.

Dave Ward is the current vice chairman of 20 years standing.
John and Brian East are joint Vice Presidents of 17 years standing.
John Goodwin a full member is a successful local business man along with son Lee who played for the club for many years in the Ryman League, Conference and the Football League.
SteveW

The consortium have placed Into escrow the entire operating deficit for next year as a token of their intentions.
NBDag

Promising news with the consortium coming forward.

What has actually started all of this takeover malarkey though? Since when did we become such a desirable venture?
lupins

What seems very clear to me is that the Club does require investment and why not it isn't a dirty word. Providing any acceptance is properly managed and genuine then I for one am all for it.
Without it dependent on results and to some extent luck it is possible we could plummet and get into some financial difficulties. We should do what we can to try to prevent this via a due diligent process hopefully leading to sound investment. Though I would continue to watch I have absolutely no desire to watch AFC Dagenham in the Essex Senior League so if investors are about let us see and decide rather than drift on a wing and a prayer. Not that we currently have wingers!
The club has had financial benefactors for years at differing levels chipping in here and there so the idea that we have been fully self financed isn't correct
Rather than automatically knock one proposal in favour of another how about just seeing what is actually proposed and possible.
Last edited by lupins on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BB-Dagger

I wrote a few days ago that I didn't want to make an early assessment on all of this nonsense but certain things are beginning to look very worrying,
if this guy is a "business magnate" then it must be his own publicity that awards himself this title because "magnate" he is not!, he seems at least to be a dodgy fish who is not someone I would want to deal with....and as for £1.25M over 5 years... thats just a bloody joke, it wouldn't even pay the full time non playing staff (management excepted)! and who valued the club at £1.55M
when this full members meeting takes place there should be a presence outside to lobby against this proposal.
TommyD&R

For people who care about the club like Lee Goodwin to get involved shows something is seriously wrong with the other 'investor'. I know Uddin is somehow involved with the consortium judging by an earlier tweet from him. I can't imagine the board being stupid enough to hand over 80% of the club to this other geezer but then again they did give Burnett a two year contract.
TommyD&R

My mistake, he's not part of it, he may just be in the know