Saturday v Scunthorpe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

So, assuming the worse case scenario is happening and Rhys is off & thus unavailable for Saturday, who would you play up front. Not that we have much to choose from;

Dickson - looks unfit, frankly un-interested and even more frankly, just not good enough.

Obafemi - young, lively, potential talent, already made a handful of appearances so wouldnt / shouldnt be worried about being thrown in once again.

Dennis - I believe he is now back with us. On the official website (not that it stands for much) as a striker. Didnt he play on the wings every time he made an appearance for us previously?

Hines - also listed as a striker but quite obviously he is a winger. Not sure he would be great to play up top.
ARNU

Go with Oberfemi,it will be his chance to shine.Medy could do a job up there too.Dickson is shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Easy for me. Elito, Obafemi, Hines
ronaldaggero

matt_drfc wrote:Easy for me. Elito, Obafemi, Hines

ditto - Obafemi straight in

if Murphy goes , all I've got to say is **** ****** **** grrrrrrrr. and if to Peterborough ,, double grrrrrr
ronaldaggero

ARNU wrote:Go with Oberfemi,it will be his chance to shine.Medy could do a job up there too.Dickson is shit.

bit harsh about Dickson but probably true (he would be o.k if he could play against Romford every week) , biggest disappointment this season , so far
Richie

We're going to do a Barca, who needs strikers!?
Dagdale

Cant see Rhys not playing other than an injury, after all were only three days from the game and other than ilford newspapers etc speculating about a possible move no signal from anywhere else, true were all a bit worried about it all but if he does play it'll be our chance to come on strong with the vocals and really persuade him we value him at our club.
shoreyda2nd

I'd start Dickson. He's got a point to prove, and is stronger than Obafemi who when played elsewhere has a habit of disappearing for large spells of the match (not a criticism, he's a young player finding his way)..

We've never seen much of Dickson in all honesty, some players take 20 minutes to get going and therefore coming off the bench rarely works for them. Let's cross our fingers Chris comes into this category.
Mikins

Resign Jon Nurse? :lol:
Sorry about your damn luck!
Lcbdagger

Dickson has a bit of pace and comes in well from out wide (ok only against a Romford or East Thurrock) but he has the touch of a rapist so we surely can't be discussing him playing down the middle in a front 3??
matt_drfc

shoreyda2nd wrote:I'd start Dickson. He's got a point to prove, and is stronger than Obafemi who when played elsewhere has a habit of disappearing for large spells of the match (not a criticism, he's a young player finding his way)..

We've never seen much of Dickson in all honesty, some players take 20 minutes to get going and therefore coming off the bench rarely works for them. Let's cross our fingers Chris comes into this category.
Go to Portsmouth did ya?
shoreyda2nd

matt_drfc wrote:
shoreyda2nd wrote:I'd start Dickson. He's got a point to prove, and is stronger than Obafemi who when played elsewhere has a habit of disappearing for large spells of the match (not a criticism, he's a young player finding his way)..

Go to Portsmouth did ya?
I did, and to be fair Obafemi played half hour and did nothing also..
matt_drfc

shoreyda2nd wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:

Go to Portsmouth did ya?
I did, and to be fair Obafemi played half hour and did nothing also..
So you saw Dickson get a start, and saw how shit he was. Before then I wanted him to get a start, because of the reasons you said about it being difficult to make an impact off the bench. But that performance was terrible! Obafemi was coming back from injury no? He's shown more in the chances he's had so he gets my vote.
Richie

All 11 were shit at Pompey