Saturday v Scunthorpe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:All 11 were shit at Pompey
We're talking about Dickson v Obafemi.. Purely on what I've seen, Obafemi has done more than Dickson in their individual performances, simple.
Lcbdagger

Sorry if you read the Forum Chris... but Dickson is utter pony. Reed at least fought for 90 minutes and ran for every ball like his life depended on it, despite the lack of goals
Richie

I'm not saying Dickson has impressed me, but he joined mid season so wouldn't have been fit. I'd like to think we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Obafemi has looked decent in patches but not ready to lead the line on his own yet IMO
matt_drfc

Richie wrote:I'm not saying Dickson has impressed me, but he joined mid season so wouldn't have been fit. I'd like to think we haven't seen the best of him yet.

Obafemi has looked decent in patches but not ready to lead the line on his own yet IMO
However Dickson is a player with 2 caps for Ghana and played a relatively high level, he should have shown more by now.
NickMurphy

Dickson is cack, not to mention he offers nothing when we need forwards to defend if we're leading late on in a game. Southend being the prime example.
matt_drfc

Murph knows
USADAGGER nick

I agree mikins. Even though you are being sarcastic and I am not
New Mexico Dagger

Well done Daggers. Excellent comeback.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

One of my friends at uni is a Scunthorpe fan. So I'd just to like to say thank you Luke Norris. Thank you very much indeed.
leewilson

I'm guessing Doe had a knock today? I bloody hope so because I really don't like Wilkinson/Saah as a partnership.

The wind and rain saved us really. When it was a normal game Scunthorpe completely cut open our 4-4-2. Ogogo's belter gave us a new lease of life and we seemed to cope better with the rubbish conditions than they did.

Thought Shields did well when he came on. Exploited space well and although he could have done better on 1-2 occasions, he was a real threat.

Also, what a bloody goal that was from Dickson. If Zav or Murphy does that we purr over it. Did the defender all ends up with a chest flick and bulleted it in the bottom corner (when I'm sure it wasn't just me who was expecting a spoon over the bar).

Hopefully this gives us a lift ahead of Southend. We need one, even if the performance was very flawed.
Mike the Dagger

One of those "did that really just happen?" days.

Thoughts:
  • Shields deserves a go definitely off the back of that cameo
    Liked Norris a lot
    Murphy out of sorts when I thought he may be up for it today
    We still can't defend a corner
    God is a Dagger
    Scunthorpe looked great up to when we scored, then looked nervous as kittens
As a wise man once said, "Football eh? Bloody hell!"
Richie

leewilson wrote:I'm guessing Doe had a knock today? I bloody hope so because I really don't like Wilkinson/Saah as a partnership.

The wind and rain saved us really. When it was a normal game Scunthorpe completely cut open our 4-4-2. Ogogo's belter gave us a new lease of life and we seemed to cope better with the rubbish conditions than they did.

Thought Shields did well when he came on. Exploited space well and although he could have done better on 1-2 occasions, he was a real threat.

Also, what a bloody goal that was from Dickson. If Zav or Murphy does that we purr over it. Did the defender all ends up with a chest flick and bulleted it in the bottom corner (when I'm sure it wasn't just me who was expecting a spoon over the bar).

Hopefully this gives us a lift ahead of Southend. We need one, even if the performance was very flawed.
Good summary - And I definitely think it should be Doe with Wilko/Saah. They've played together twice and conceded 3 twice I think
Mikins

I really hope someone out there got a photo of Lewy's Earth Song impression, that had me laughing for a good 5 minutes.

Asides from that we really seemed off the boil at first, Rhys unsurprisingly was getting really thrown off his game by that lino constantly calling him back from off side whether he was or not, Zav probably couldnt win a free kick if he took a roundhouse kick to the face now because refs just laugh and think he's diving. once the first goal went in we flapped about a bit. half time made it worse but Abu's goal was a blinder and really lifted everyone, it was great seeing Rhys gee everyone up and D'Ath trying to get the crowd going when the 2nd (and 3rd) went in. Was surprised at Dickson's sudden volte face as a player, maybe he can only play well in the rain? Shields definitely impressed, think elito was having another off day and the straight swap was a good idea. liked Norris too - but then I have a soft spot for him as he got my Daggers team promoted to the premiership in FM2013 ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!
matt_drfc

Defensively not the best of games, Saah had probably his worst game but Wilko and Saah are too similar, Doe is a definite for me. Lewy made a few brilliant saves. Ogogo and D'Ath had good games respectively. Hines again disappointing, but I've no doubt he'll perform again for us! Shields looked very bright running at players and held his position wide which allowed more space, unlike Elito who tends to drift in at times. Dickson took his goal well but I'm still not 100% on him. Overall, a very encouraging fight back in the conditions and showing that old Dagenham never say die attitude. I think 3 goals flattered Scunthorpe a bit, they weren't terrific, but passed the ball nicely and took their chances.
Lcbdagger

Cracking assessment Mikins...

Saying that, Zavon gets very few free kicks as very few of the indiscretions against him are free kicks... stay on your feet man!!! At one point he went down after passing the player when he could have probably got the ball had he stayed up.

Shields was excellent and gave them all sorts of problems but didn't appear to know when to beat his man and when to put in a cross?? Shades of Danny Green

Dickson... I will forget seeing you at East Thurrock. Cracking goal sir!