Saturday v Scunthorpe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mikins

Chigwellian wrote:Dion Burton was off the pitch after he scored the second goal....... Why did it take all of 5minutes for him to walk off ACROSS the pitch to get substituted especially as he was injured?

Was it a case of time wasting?
THIS.

That was a total disaster call by the ref holding us up while he allowed him to walk across as he saw fit, Murphy and a few of the others were shouting at him to take him off in a straight line and the ref was just shrugging and not really giving a crap.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Daggers No 2 Fan

The ref, like so many others, was hopeless in that respect.
He should have got Burton off the pitch behind the goal. It was the same when their player lost a boot - he took forever to go off and was trying to get it back on while going off. If the ref just booked him he'd might have got a move on.

But this was a referee that couldn't perform a drop ball correctly. The clue is in the name of it.
ARNU

In fairness to the ref,the player was hurt and he did add the 5 mins on at the end.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

He sat down off the pitch. The ref then allowed him back on to walk up and across the pitch.
The ref doesn't deserve any fairness - his handling of it was at best brain-dead. He could have at least made him go straight toward the stand, rather than to the halfway line.
DI Mike Dashwood

What is interesting is nobody else has picked up on the point Lee made first up in his post. Why was Scott Doe not playing?? Now, I will come to the rest of the game in a minute, but this decision beggars belief. For the past season and a half Doey has been one of our best and most consistent players. Even Arnu changed his mind on him!!! This year him and Saah have generally looked very very good. I cannot remember Doe putting a foot wrong. Now if he is injured then fair enough (can't see anyone has replied to Lee to say if he was), but he was out there at half time. If he isn't then the decision looked strange before and after 68 minutes it looked ridiculous. We were frankly a shambles at the back all afternoon. Even after the equaliser we looked like conceding again!!! Bad call that one Wayne!!!

The rest of the game, well the last 25 minutes, carnage!!! One of the craziest half hours of football (well bit more with the break!!) I have seen at Victoria Road. Quit where that spell came from I don't know!! The first 15 minutes I thought we looked good, and then the next 50 were dreadful, as bad as we have been all season. I know they are a decent side but we lacked any urgency, and control and any threat. Rhys may has well have been at London Road!!! But fair play, the never say die Daggers attitude turned things around, and the atmosphere in that last few minutes was as good as it has been for years.

Arnu, the injury time of 5 mins was a joke. 5 goals, 5 subs, a long injury to Burton and some other stoppages, it should have been 7 or 8. All very well the ref standing there telling us he is stopping the clock while Burton waddled off, but clearly didn't stop it for long enough!!!
ARNU

Totally agree about Doe,I reckon he had a knock.He's one of the 1st names on the sheet for me these days.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Crushed Dreams

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:What is interesting is nobody else has picked up on the point Lee made first up in his post. Why was Scott Doe not playing?? Now, I will come to the rest of the game in a minute, but this decision beggars belief. For the past season and a half Doey has been one of our best and most consistent players. Even Arnu changed his mind on him!!! This year him and Saah have generally looked very very good. I cannot remember Doe putting a foot wrong. Now if he is injured then fair enough (can't see anyone has replied to Lee to say if he was), but he was out there at half time. If he isn't then the decision looked strange before and after 68 minutes it looked ridiculous. We were frankly a shambles at the back all afternoon. Even after the equaliser we looked like conceding again!!! Bad call that one Wayne!!!

The rest of the game, well the last 25 minutes, carnage!!! One of the craziest half hours of football (well bit more with the break!!) I have seen at Victoria Road. Quit where that spell came from I don't know!! The first 15 minutes I thought we looked good, and then the next 50 were dreadful, as bad as we have been all season. I know they are a decent side but we lacked any urgency, and control and any threat. Rhys may has well have been at London Road!!! But fair play, the never say die Daggers attitude turned things around, and the atmosphere in that last few minutes was as good as it has been for years.

Arnu, the injury time of 5 mins was a joke. 5 goals, 5 subs, a long injury to Burton and some other stoppages, it should have been 7 or 8. All very well the ref standing there telling us he is stopping the clock while Burton waddled off, but clearly didn't stop it for long enough!!!
BBC shows 8 minutes added.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Crushed Dreams wrote:
From the point that 5 minutes was announced, there were 5 minutes played. The BBC shows a 3 minute gap where nothing happened which ends with the "Delay over", and the start of that seems to be about the same time they went off. Weirdly, the gap also has a corner to us, which is what I'm sure the restart should have been when the players came back out.
matt_drfc

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Crushed Dreams wrote:
From the point that 5 minutes was announced, there were 5 minutes played. The BBC shows a 3 minute gap where nothing happened which ends with the "Delay over", and the start of that seems to be about the same time they went off. Weirdly, the gap also has a corner to us, which is what I'm sure the restart should have been when the players came back out.
Watched the highlights, ref got the drop ball spot on in the same position as he stopped it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

After equalising we were doing all we could to give them back the lead. Not complaining he blew when he did.

Game over we got out of jail and we want to sign that puddle up killed the ball instantly for Norris to finish.
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
Crushed Dreams wrote:
Watched the highlights, ref got the drop ball spot on in the same position as he stopped it.
Weird what the memory does. But it isn't anywhere near spot on. Shields has the ball level with the edge of the area when he stops it. The "drop ball" (he incorrectly throws it) is taken at least 15 yards back down the pitch from there.
The commentary there also says there are 6 minutes to go when they restart, which ties with the last action on the BBC commentary and subsequent 3 minute gap.

I don't understand why it was stopped when it was. The conditions at that point weren't any worse than they'd been for quite a while, and there had been opportunities to stop it while the ball was out of play just before.
matt_drfc

When I say spot on I don't mean it literally, it was the same area, definitely not a corner like you suggested. It was stopped due to the lightening wasn't it?
Daggers No 2 Fan

matt_drfc wrote:When I say spot on I don't mean it literally, it was the same area, definitely not a corner like you suggested. It was stopped due to the lightening wasn't it?
Going by the way our defenders were up, there was a corner just before. Spot on doesn't mean same area.
The lightening had started a while before they went off.
matt_drfc

I said I didn't mean it literally. It wasn't a corner.
GdadSteve

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153704051345034

Hi

Courtesy of a Scunthorpe Supporter in the TBS is a shot of the exact time that the game was stopped.

Steve