Saturday v Scunthorpe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

ARNU wrote:Totally agree about Doe,I reckon he had a knock.He's one of the 1st names on the sheet for me these days.
We were up in the box (prawn sandwich brigade yes yes) for this game and I distinctly noticed Scott walking very awkwardly over to the bench before the game. I said at the time, he doesn't look too fit there.
I am hoping that is the reason the central partnership because he is in my person top 3 players of the season thus far. An almost immaculate season.
dagger4eva

Burnett has confirmed in the latest interview that the decision to drop doe was purely tactical.

Bit disappointing to be honest, the top clubs in the country (obviously we aren't) don't willy nilly go changing their central defence partnerships. Look at Arsenal, best defensive record in the Premier League - 19 goals conceded and almost if not every game barring injuries & suspensions has seen Koscielny and Mertesacker play together. As good as vermaelen is there is no way he should get in the team JUST to be tactical. Wilkinson is no different in our scenario in my worthless opinion.

3 nil down after an hour should answer it all.
matt_drfc

Hindsight and all that
Richie

If we're just using Saturday to make a judgement than Saah should be dropped for Doe - Very tricky decision, not sure what I'd do but Doe would definitely be in.
dagger4eva

Not about hindsight at all...
Wayne rightly says all 3 are very good players but the saying, if its not broke, dont fix it springs to mind.

Kinda reinforces my point about having stability in the left back spot too.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Mucking around with the spine of a team can backfire easily.
It doesn't make sense to me to drop Doe for tactical reasons. They weren't a particular big or direct team so I'm not sure what Wilkinson brought that Doe wouldn't have.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Burnett has confirmed in the latest interview that the decision to drop doe was purely tactical.
He said that, but it doesn't make it the truth does it? Possibly he was avoiding tipping Southend off?
Lcbdagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Burnett has confirmed in the latest interview that the decision to drop doe was purely tactical.
He said that, but it doesn't make it the truth does it? Possibly he was avoiding tipping Southend off?
Going 3-0 down in the last game would have tipped them off surely?? No reason for him to do an interview at all just to make up stories to put the opposition off