Consortium

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

"It has not identified his reasons for wanting to invest"

It's his boyhood club don't ya know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
redboy

Just back from holiday to read all about what's been going on.

Who is this bloke? Has anyone ever seen him at a game? If it was someone like Jeremy West who has sponsored the club for years, I'd take it serious, but what's his angle?

What's the point of a cash injection now when John has already brought in a dozen or so players? What's he going to do, have a squad as big as Chelski and loan them all out?

The whole thing stinks in my mind. As others have said, I'd rather have the consortium investing into the club. People with a knowledge of football and an active interest. Money talks unfortunately, so wouldn't surprise me if we sold ourself down the river.
Dagdale

A couple of things worry me here, after the awful close of the season things looked certainly far brighter a week or two later with a couple of 'jewels' bought back and eight other new players joining, things were looking up and hopefully still will, quite concerned this could 'rock the boat' now all the uncertainty of what direction this football club financially sits and what effect it could have on the the players and who knows John's morale. Also puzzles me why is there strong emphasis on this main bid guy's son playing on our pitch Sunday mornings as to what seems a 'main issue' , quite odd all this? Live on the hope with Thommo's vast experience and love of the club he doesn't go for the quick shot.
Alan

Dagdale wrote:A couple of things worry me here, after the awful close of the season things looked certainly far brighter a week or two later with a couple of 'jewels' bought back and eight other new players joining, things were looking up and hopefully still will, quite concerned this could 'rock the boat' now all the uncertainty of what direction this football club financially sits and what effect it could have on the the players and who knows John's morale. Also puzzles me why is there strong emphasis on this main bid guy's son playing on our pitch Sunday mornings as to what seems a 'main issue' , quite odd all this? Live on the hope with Thommo's vast experience and love of the club he doesn't go for the quick shot.
Thommo has a conflict of interests, as the consortium want the current board to go and so he would be out of a job. It's the members' decision, but they should be permitted to consider both options.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote:
Dagdale wrote:A couple of things worry me here, after the awful close of the season things looked certainly far brighter a week or two later with a couple of 'jewels' bought back and eight other new players joining, things were looking up and hopefully still will, quite concerned this could 'rock the boat' now all the uncertainty of what direction this football club financially sits and what effect it could have on the the players and who knows John's morale. Also puzzles me why is there strong emphasis on this main bid guy's son playing on our pitch Sunday mornings as to what seems a 'main issue' , quite odd all this? Live on the hope with Thommo's vast experience and love of the club he doesn't go for the quick shot.
Thommo has a conflict of interests, as the consortium want the current board to go and so he would be out of a job. It's the members' decision, but they should be permitted to consider both options.
The consortium do not want anything out of the money they are putting in, I doubt the other guy is the same.
lupins

That's good I was thinking they wanted control
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote:
Alan wrote:
The consortium do not want anything out of the money they are putting in, I doubt the other guy is the same.
Not quite true: the consortium want 51% of the club for 200,000 and he wants 80% for an initial 250,000 and four further payments of 250,000.
Diggerthedog

What I meant was they wont take out silly director loans etc against any assets, this guy we all know will suck it dry and spit it out as per his previous history with companies and that main fact that he has no affinity with the club whatsoever.

It is a massive month for the clubs future, much bigger than the next 9 months on the pitch.

When are the presentations? need to get down the club and offer the consortium our support.