Club Statement at last

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Broadly speaking, the key percentages are as follows. (The detailed position is slightly more complicated if not all classes of share carry the same voting rights.)

- 75% - you can force through any resolution at a general meeting of the shareholders, including a special resolution. Changes requiring a special resolution include altering the company's articles - the main constitutional document setting out how the company is to be run.

- Over 50% - you can force through an ordinary resolution at a general meeting of the shareholders. One crucial power that this gives you is the power to force through an ordinary resolution to appoint or, importantly, dismiss directors. You therefore have effective control of the management of the company.

- Over 25% - you can block any special resolution.

- 5% - you can require the company to call a general meeting. You can prevent the compulsory purchase of your shareholding following a takeover of the company. You can apply to the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills for the appointment of an inspector to investigate the company.

These percentages apply to either a single shareholder or a group of shareholders acting together.
dagger4eva

Dagenham & Redbridge FC would like to make the following statement in order to clarify the current position and address some of the misinformation and, at times, un-truths that have been published.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I cant for the life of me see a SINGLE "misinformation" or "un-truth" corrected within the statement itself. Can anyone else?

Makes me question what actually was the point of the statement, particularly given Thomson had already categorically said there would be no further comment from the club until the members had voted.

One question I would like asked is whether or not Steve keeps his job as part of Tamplin taking over.. I cant imagine The 45 million pound man wishing to spend 5-7 days of his week in poky little office at the club.......
Mikins

dagger4eva wrote:Dagenham & Redbridge FC would like to make the following statement in order to clarify the current position and address some of the misinformation and, at times, un-truths that have been published.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I cant for the life of me see a SINGLE "misinformation" or "un-truth" corrected within the statement itself. Can anyone else?

Makes me question what actually was the point of the statement, particularly given Thomson had already categorically said there would be no further comment from the club until the members had voted.

One question I would like asked is whether or not Steve keeps his job as part of Tamplin taking over.. I cant imagine The 45 million pound man wishing to spend 5-7 days of his week in poky little office at the club.......
That was probably my "pockets getting lined" comment in the other thread since they also went on to point out of course they wont benefit.

Oh no, not at all. and I work for the absolute love of my company too...
Sorry about your damn luck!
IanC

Looks like we might have to start stocking up on the A3!
Chigwellian

I've said it before. .. I worldn't trust Steve Thompson further than I could throw him...
radiostu

Still more to come, I'm guessing - cannot get my head around the Club wanting to accept an offer for 80% as this in effect would mean total control of the club in the hands of one person. - May as we'll be 100%, as members owning 20% means nothing really, does it.
No details regarding the Mystery Bidder ????? Strange ....... £ amount ?? % ?? background ?? Intentions ??

Yes, the Club needs investment, but we all know what type of club it is now and I'm sure most fans would want it to continue in a similar vain.

The future of the Club will be decided by the members, there are not many of them and some may have not been involved for a while. Fans cannot vote, but can make themselves heard.

Whatever is decided, I truly hope that the best interests of D & R FC are at the forefront of any consideration and that the club begins to operate on a sound basis, year in / year out, with any income from TV or Sale of Players can be used as bonus money to be invested in the Club striding slowly forward.
Diggerthedog

There is around 100 full members most probably have been members for a while, most new fans do not even know it exists. The clubs future lies in there hands. Hopefully they make the right decision.

Listen to Lee Goodwins interview with the beeb, why would we want an outsider to run it!