Paul Benson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Looks like he was at the first pre season training today but not in the new training kit. Thought he was off to Stevenage. Anyone know any more?
Phippo

TommyD&R wrote:Looks like he was at the first pre season training today but not in the new training kit. Thought he was off to Stevenage. Anyone know any more?
Stevenage I believe have signed 3 forwards already (the latest one being Jake Hyde). I reckon the board may be looking for the money to afford the likes of Benno/Cureton!
Diggerthedog

Phippo wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Looks like he was at the first pre season training today but not in the new training kit. Thought he was off to Stevenage. Anyone know any more?
Stevenage I believe have signed 3 forwards already (the latest one being Jake Hyde). I reckon the board may be looking for the money to afford the likes of Benno/Cureton!
Cureton won't be back, people are forgetting he was poor last season. We can't afford Benno, would rather clear this awful debt we now have.
Chigwellian

Maybe so Digger, but we are lacking options at the front end of the team
Diggerthedog

Chigwellian wrote:Maybe so Digger, but we are lacking options at the front end of the team
Very true. I think we need to some wingers too, I doubt there will be too many additions due to current circumstances.
Phippo

I'm certainly not forgetting the Curo of last season! Also I haven't forgotten the Jamie of the season before that (when he had a much better team around him). We have a young squad for the coming season and having some experienced players amongst them could be very beneficial in my opinion.
Diggerthedog

Phippo wrote:I'm certainly not forgetting the Curo of last season! Also I haven't forgotten the Jamie of the season before that (when he had a much better team around him). We have a young squad for the coming season and having some experienced players amongst them could be very beneficial in my opinion.
Cant disagree with any of that but he missed chances last season nothing to do with the team around him, plus he was paid well accordingly to daggers typical wages and John Still does not see it as justifiable at that price.