With or without Rhys

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

Based on our points per game since the start of December and the teams we have played in that period, plus the quality of the team's we are about to play, we are skating on very thin ice.

Taking aside the lady luck deserting us angle, we have been playing poorly.

Even the one win was against 10 men a lot of the time.

We need two wins quickly, but with Scunthorpe, Southend and Rochdale coming up, our relegation odds of 33/1 currently available could be seen by some as an attractive proposition.

I tend to accentuate the positives normally, but even I can sense the dark clouds building.
matt_drfc

As soon as Rhys goes I'm getting some money on us being relegated. Where was that 33/1?
matt_drfc

Just seen it on bet365, I'll have some of that
Lcbdagger

You could get 66's last season at one point when we were on a mini run... look how that ended
Mark

Not really, because you'd have done a cover bet when the odds came right in.
Mike the Dagger

TheLion wrote:
Am I imagining it, or was it not us that ended up with ten men in the Wimbledon game after D'Ath got sent off with half an hour to go??
matt_drfc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TheLion wrote:
Am I imagining it, or was it not us that ended up with ten men in the Wimbledon game after D'Ath got sent off with half an hour to go??
I thought this lol, but then I realised he's talking about the Wycombe game
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dear oh dear oh dear,

Before Rhys Murphy put on a Daggers shirt how many of the gloom mongers honestly thought we would get much out of the next three games. When the fixtures came out I thought we would do well to get three or four points in January our record against Wimbledon not being good . Therefore in that aspect nothing has changed.

Would like to remind you that our defence at home has one of the best records in the League and it could easily be argued that we have not got the points at home because the Forwards of which this later day messiah is a major part have not performed . Hows that for turning an argument on its head ?

In this poor run if that what it is I have yet to see a team dominate us. When we get even halfway towards the current form of that mob down the Road from me ,one win in fourteen games under a Manager who has won one game in his last 22, only then will I consider 33/1 a good bet. Rest assured People there is worse teams in this League then us with or without Rhys Murphy,

In Wayne I trust
Mark

I'm not convinced there are many that much worse if we lose Rhys. We've looked very poor lately, pretty similar to last season with not much passing and a lot of mistakes.

Start of the season was as good as I've seen us in years but that seems a long time ago. No Billy and Zav not firing and we look a shadow of that team
Lcbdagger

Got to agree with Mark... with Murphy there aren't many teams worse than us... certainly very few of the bottom ten would be lining up to replace any of their starting XI's with Daggers players (Hines possibly aside)
TheLion

Sussex, I was talking about since Dec 1st, even if I made a cock up on the 10 men reference!

I appreciate that you see more away games than I do, but who was it that Portsmoth did beat in your quoted 14 match analysis?

I also thought that early on this season, I was watching the best Daggers team that I had seen.

I hope you are right on this one as I am with you in that Wayne's efforts to deserve better.
shoreyda2nd

Our recent poor form has been mainly down to no Billy Bingham. With him in the side we are vastly improved as he gets the ball off the centre halves and we play our way forward. Without him and with Saunders injured we have no one comfortable to go and get the ball under pressure and build an attack. This results in big Brian hoofing it long, and we do not have the team to do that these days.

I don't think we need to panic providing that we get Billy and/or Matt fit. If Rhys goes we obviously miss his goals, but if we have a replacement attacker who is better at the other aspects (holds the ball up better, works the channels etc etc) then this could result in more chances/goals for other players.
Richie

We won't go down - If we sign nobody and play Dickson up top every match we still won't go down