Daggers sign a striker.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

He'll do for me! Good signing on paper
bearaab

Sounds promising.
daggersjeff

Can't see him as a replacement for Rhys....hardly proven at 20!!

This is the sort of player we should have in the squad to develop. Why are we persisting with loan signings when we need a permanent replacement????
Dagger83

daggersjeff wrote:Can't see him as a replacement for Rhys....hardly proven at 20!!

This is the sort of player we should have in the squad to develop. Why are we persisting with loan signings when we need a permanent replacement????
This isn't Football Manager, we can't just go out and bid for anyone we like.

I do wonder what planet some of our fans are on sometimes with comments like this.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

daggersjeff wrote:Can't see him as a replacement for Rhys....hardly proven at 20!!

6 goals in 10 games "at this level "whilst on loan at Northampton. Better average then the messiah that is Rhys Murphy "at this level". Goals against Rochdale, Fleetwood and Cheltenham and us hardly the worst in this division but why let blatant facts get in the way of a good gripe.

FFS who are we expecting Fenando Torres.

Well done Wayne great bit of dealing.
matt_drfc

Who said this is his replacement? We've been looking for attacking players for a while now. Anyway, Rhys hasn't gone yet, so I doubt we will sign anyone on a permanent until he goes.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just seen some of the goals he has knocked in at Northampton . This kid is no mug ,raw I dare say but has appeared to at least know what it is about.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
FFS who are we expecting Fenando Torres.
Have you seen Torres play recently??
speedy

If he is replacing anyone its probably that lad from Reading that got injured on his debut. He was also on a youth loan so hardly costing us a fortune. I agree he's no mug at this level.
TheLion

Anyone know how long the loan is for?

A good signing by Wayne.
matt_drfc

Month mate
leewilson

We've signed Murphy mk 2 going by Northampton fans comments:

"Being a Boothroyd signing he was never going to come back here. If you can supply him will score you goals. Not the type to make chances for himself and chase the ball in a struggling team which meant he was on a hiding to nothing here."

"Yep, a good poacher, one of the few players we had that could actually hit the back of the net and was rewarded for his efforts by being inexplicably dropped to the bench. Wish he'd have come back to us."

"Goalscorer, plain and simple as that. Nippy. Give him a chance and he'll take it. Boothroyd being the immense idiot that he is dropped Norris when he was banging in goals left right and centre. Good signing for you, enjoy."
Dagdale

Norris couldn't arrive at the daggers at a better time, recent bad run of form and needing to get back on track quickly with some pretty tough matches coming up starting Saturday. Not because he scored against us but quite remember noticing this guy against us at Sixfields in October and the gaps he was finding albeit might be by our mistakes on the day, looked very menacing. Wouldn't it be brilliant if him and Rhys hit it off well, cant wait for Saturday now and all the banter in the clubhouse. We used to raise our game against the higher clubs hope it returns now.
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:Norris couldn't arrive at the daggers at a better time, recent bad run of form and needing to get back on track quickly with some pretty tough matches coming up starting Saturday. Not because he scored against us but quite remember noticing this guy against us at Sixfields in October and the gaps he was finding albeit might be by our mistakes on the day, looked very menacing. Wouldn't it be brilliant if him and Rhys hit it off well, cant wait for Saturday now and all the banter in the clubhouse. We used to raise our game against the higher clubs hope it returns now.
Do you think we will play 4-4-2? With Norris and Murphy up front? I can't see it myself. Norris did mention in his interview that we play 4-3-3 and he wants to be a part of that front 3, but feels his best position is in the middle. So I'm not sure how he'll do if he plays on the left/right.. I'd imagine if he did that then Elito may be part of the midfield 3 so he can make it a 4-4-2 if needed. What does everyone think?