Gooders on radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Would agree with a lot of that DD.

As I said, whether Thommo and DTP should now remain in their roles is, I agree, up for debate!?!?!? But I think it is shame that a lot of what both these men have done is being forgotten because of the current situation (which I guess due to the lack of transparency and what is happening is their own faults).

The piece today regarding the advertising boards did make me raise a wry smile I have to say!!! In the past I think the Club has done as well as it could on a lot of the commercial side of things (the match sponsorship packages etc were always well done in my view, and normally sold out) but I agree in the last 18 months things have clearly not been right.

I still think it is dramatic to say it's the end of the Club though. A fresh start maybe needed on a number of fronts, but the Club will survive.
Whilst I agree past efforts shouldn't be forgotten, we must act on the here and now. And unfortunately Thommo has led us up shit creek without a paddle.

Thanks for the effort Thommo, but enough is enough. The longer he stays, the more his past work becomes a distant irrelevant memory.

Time to go. Before there's no Dagenham at all.
Diggerthedog

As Dashers said there will still be a club, just need to live within our means.

Portsmouth or Concord Rangers will still be there to cheer the team on.
Dagdale

AFC Dagenham, wow I'd go along with that, be brilliant to go back to the singular and the home of our beloved club.
dannythedagger

Wouldn't it be great if Thommo had a head to head on local radio with one of the members of Gooders consortium.

Surely this would expose the inadequacy of Thommo and his cronies when put directly on the spot. Put it this way.... would you buy a second hand car from him and take his word on the mileage and MOT history ???? We all know the answer to that !!

If Thommo really did care about the club he would have gone long before the start of the season rather than letting this drag on which will impact the fans and then ultimately the players... Good job Thommo!!
dannythedagger

The situation is brilliantly summed up here;

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8324614
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote:Only today have we seen pitch size advertisements available 10 ******** days before the first home game, shambles.
Kit sponsorship only just offered too.

No hint what t6he away kit would look like if you chose to do that.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/commercial/pla ... onsorship/
Richie

I'm not claiming to have any information, but why people are taking what Goodwin says as gospel, and then claiming Thommo is a liar is beyond me.
SteveW

Richie wrote:I'm not claiming to have any information, but why people are taking what Goodwin says as gospel, and then claiming Thommo is a liar is beyond me.
You obviously don't know Gooders or Thommo or you wouldn't have to ask.
TomMc

Richie wrote:I'm not claiming to have any information, but why people are taking what Goodwin says as gospel, and then claiming Thommo is a liar is beyond me.
Confirmation bias.
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
Confirmation bias.
The lack of any kind of "official" information leaves a vacuum that people can fill with speculation. The way to stop this is for the club to give another statement regarding the financial position of the club.

They have nothing to lose now as people are assuming the worst anyway.

We know that some of the board want to change the way the club is run to open it up to outside investment, they say so we can compete with at the top of the National League, which flies against everything the club has stood for in the past. The question is why would we do that if there aren't major problems.
TomMc

Mike the Dagger wrote:
TomMc wrote:
Confirmation bias.
The lack of any kind of "official" information leaves a vacuum that people can fill with speculation. The way to stop this is for the club to give another statement regarding the financial position of the club.

They have nothing to lose now as people are assuming the worst anyway.

We know that some of the board want to change the way the club is run to open it up to outside investment, they say so we can compete with at the top of the National League, which flies against everything the club has stood for in the past. The question is why would we do that if there aren't major problems.
Not disagreeing with any of that. Just pointing out that there's some (not all, and certainly not yourself) on here that has had long-standing grudges against Thommo that are using the information available to "confirm" their existing opinions.
len

I believe as a full member that I am open minded and until all the facts are presented to me I will then make a decision based on what will be in the best interest of the club. It just seems to me that's the way most people will base their decision rather than rumour and innuendo.
Mike the Dagger

len wrote:I believe as a full member that I am open minded and until all the facts are presented to me I will then make a decision based on what will be in the best interest of the club. It just seems to me that's the way most people will base their decision rather than rumour and innuendo.
Which works fine as long as the actual "facts" are presented, and you get offered a choice.
len

It's always worked for me in the past and yes there will be a choice as to which way to vote.
dagger4eva

len wrote:It's always worked for me in the past and yes there will be a choice as to which way to vote.
Guarantee that can you??

The current "choice" the board are proposing to give to the members is Tamplin (& Co.) or else..... :roll: