Gooders on radio

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

To take a guess and this is the sum of various speculation:

1. We are currently paying 2 managers which raises our wage bill by around 6k per month

2. Wayne was allowed to pay the likes of Batt 1k+ per week

3. The Jones money is in instalments so isn't all banked

4. The Everton money was in part used to fund Wayne leaving and an existing 300k budget deficit for the season

5. More loan players were signed than expected in a desperate attempt to stay up

6. We lowered our season ticket prices significantly but didn't increase gates resulting in another budget hole

7. Less people drink in the club now so we're losing out over the bar

8. Sponsorship has reduced in general over the last 2 years probably due to us being useless

9. Our overdraft has been cut by the bank meaning we can't use it to pay the tax bill

10. We've gone down meaning less income in general ie TV rights

11. The academy setup required some funds over and above the grants we received

12. We have outstanding loans to pay on the TBS

If you add all this up it can very quickly get out of hand. I wouldn't be surprised if we are in the red to the tune of 500k+. We are likely to be subject to transfer embargoes or worse, a winding up order from HMRC.
Mike the Dagger

Quality interview from Gooders.

Time is short it seems. Fingers out required from the board.
Diggerthedog

Tax bill can't be too big which would be the main issue, think if we as fans can do anything then we should. If I was to help out then I would want Thommo to leave as a result.

Escrow account £100 each or whatever you can afford? Every little can help and we can give to Lee's consortium to help push through the takeover. This Tax bill was mentioned towards the end of last season and is still not sorted, ******** shambles.
RayleighDagger1986

Fans tend to help out when you hear similar stories of other clubs. Is there not someway we can raise money to help in some way.....
Chigwellian

I agree with digger... Thommo to leave and also, an audit of his bank account...he is now a joke, with his poor management skills and his rants at fans
Last edited by Chigwellian on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Fans tend to help out when you hear similar stories of other clubs. Is there not someway we can raise money to help in some way.....
Yes, I've given money to clubs such as Kettering in the past. Think we need to set up something like a GoFundMe account.
Chigwellian

Auntie Merge wrote:
RayleighDagger1986 wrote:Fans tend to help out when you hear similar stories of other clubs. Is there not someway we can raise money to help in some way.....
Yes, I've given money to clubs such as Kettering in the past. Think we need to set up something like a GoFundMe account.
Depends who has access to the money... If it's thommo, then no way will I donate
admin
Site Admin

Been quite busy recently so I haven't been keeping up with recent news. Only just heard the interview. Really disappointed with the news, this shouldn't have happened.

You can't trust any businessmen fully but I like the sound of Goodwin and his bid, he seemed to talk very open and honestly in his interview and just spoke about making the club solid again more than anything else. I'd be supporting his bid.
The Romford Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:I agree with digger... Thommo to leave and also, an audit of his bank account...he is now a joke, with his poor management skills and his rants at fans
I have to agree about Thommo here.

How can he possibly let this happen.

There may well be no club in 12 months time over this of is as bad as it could spiral into.
dannythedagger

I have been informed from a relliable source that Natwest have withdrawn the overdraft facility and the club have a very poor short term lease with the local authority for the ground.

Surely it is time for Thommo and his inept board to vacate the club and pass it on to Goodwin consortium. You could hear the passion during his radio interview and he and the rest of the consortium members have daggers blood running thorough their veins.

How can a consortium made up of existing board members who got the club in the mess it is in today and a guy who withdrew his interest in investing recently possibly help push forward. New blood is needed and as fans we all stand shoulder to shoulder and push for a new board.

Of course Thommo can still play a part...im sure the tea bars will need help.
Mike the Dagger

dannythedagger wrote:I have been informed from a relliable source that Natwest have withdrawn the overdraft facility and the club have a very poor short term lease with the local authority for the ground.

Surely it is time for Thommo and his inept board to vacate the club and pass it on to Goodwin consortium. You could hear the passion during his radio interview and he and the rest of the consortium members have daggers blood running thorough their veins.

How can a consortium made up of existing board members who got the club in the mess it is in today and a guy who withdrew his interest in investing recently possibly help push forward. New blood is needed and as fans we all stand shoulder to shoulder and push for a new board.

Of course Thommo can still play a part...im sure the tea bars will need help.
Part one is I believe true and is the main reason we are now where we are. Part two, hmmm don't think so, believe its a long term lease on decent terms, but its worth asking the question.
dannythedagger

Well maybe we can get some answers as Thommo will be on Time FM on Saturday at 3:00PM

Will be nice to hear some more verbal diarrhoea.

Well on the other hand maybe him and his fellow directors are going to do us all a favour and announce they are stepping down....well we can wish
Mike the Dagger

dannythedagger wrote:Well maybe we can get some answers as Thommo will be on Time FM on Saturday at 3:00PM

Will be nice to hear some more verbal diarrhoea.

Well on the other hand maybe him and his fellow directors are going to do us all a favour and announce they are stepping down....well we can wish
Is that confirmed?

Can we submit questions?
dannythedagger

I cant see him doing it live as there is a game on Saturday.

Knowing Thommo its pre recorded and the questions are loaded
Alan

Bizarre timing.