Ok so it was only a friendly...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... And yes, yes the opposition wasn't at full tilt or with a full team, and yes they took over second half... But that first forty five was a joy to watch at times.

Front three looked like they had played together for years and we played some lovely passing football at times... Cousins pulled off a couple of world class saves and we even played a short kick off routine after their goal!

Not sure about squad depth in defence but that starting eleven, without Frankie or Guttridge looks strong.

Even Boucaud was vocal for once even if he still only plays a pass two yards and sideways.

Los like we might have the old Doe back rather than the one from last season that nearly went down
TommyD&R

Agreed. Doe's already got our defence looking calmer even playing with an inexperienced centre back partner. Love the way feriji runs at players, been a while since we had a striker do that. Drew could be our new Matt Ritchie. We've definitely got the potential to score a lot of goals next season.
Pondfield Dagger

wasn't at the game but heard it lol...that large cheer at 9.35 you just knew we conceded a late winner, some things never change.....
ARNU

Hawkins,Doe,the number 7 and the no 10 all looked sharp.Still haven't seen Gutteridge do anything I couldn't do.

I still think Boucard will be an asset at this level.

Andy Hessanthaler is a horiible little tnuc,all he did all game was swear at the ref and the lino for every decision that went our way.I sat right behind the little tosser for the whole game.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Pondfield Dagger wrote:wasn't at the game but heard it lol...that large cheer at 9.35 you just knew we conceded a late winner, some things never change.....
Fair enough we list to a late goal... But the save to stop the initial header was world class! Almost expect it from Cousins... Really bad luck for it to drop straight in front of him.
Mikins

Thought we played really well for a new squad, Hawkins seems to have his role down pat, jump, chest ball down, pass it out and then hover in the box just in case. Kid can bloody jump too - which is something we havent had in a while.

Couldnt see anyone who wasnt giving it everything last night, even Boucard got swept along trying to keep up with the others. I think tiredness towards the end meant a few slip ups, but in the league we're not likely to playing two totally different teams over 90 minutes so overall I think we coped well with their fresh legs and added pressure. Orient only had a few moments of quality but thats all they needed.

Keep playing like we did last night and I've got no worries about us this season. (Beyond all this back office bollocks)
Sorry about your damn luck!