Southport fans

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Chigwellian

Looking at the Southport forum website, its looking as if they are having trouble getting enough supporters booked on the coach to make it viable to run it
They only have 19 bookings, and they require 30, the last day for booking onto the coach is Sunday.... Looks like the TBS will be empty :oops:
Mike the Dagger

Welcome to the National League.

IanC

Wont be empty me and my crew will be in there.Half time pint lovely!
Diggerthedog

IanC wrote:Wont be empty me and my crew will be in there.Half time pint lovely!
Back up singers are here, mines a pint :)
Diggerthedog

Looks like the Southport coach is sold out as a fan subbed it to £10 but many of their fans are unhappy with the gate prices.

£21 for a seat ouch, I paid £10.82 for the same seat :lol:

http://www.portchat.net/viewtopic.php?t=31089&start=0
admin
Site Admin

To be fair, I think our match day prices are stretching it a bit. I think it should be £15 across the ground
stanton101

21 quid at this level is a piss take. As said £15 across the board is a fair price. The ground will be like a mortuary not only this week but for the season in general.
Dagdale

Notice surfing other clubs other than a few sides new to National League gate prices are on par with Football League 2 prices, which I find a bit strange considering this level doesn't help fans that are trying to be loyal to their clubs and after all this League is where quite a lot of newcomer fans start the tread of taking in 'professional football', Southport fans sound like they're mustering up about the 100 mark, I wonder as a TBS s/t holder is the bar open to us?
Diggerthedog

Dagdale wrote:Notice surfing other clubs other than a few sides new to National League gate prices are on par with Football League 2 prices, which I find a bit strange considering this level doesn't help fans that are trying to be loyal to their clubs and after all this League is where quite a lot of newcomer fans start the tread of taking in 'professional football', Southport fans sound like they're mustering up about the 100 mark, I wonder as a TBS s/t holder is the bar open to us?
Understand soft segregation is in place. The bar better be accessible or there will be a riot :lol:
IanC

Damn right there will be!
IanC

Gotta say we thoroughly enjoyed our new matchday experience in the TBS,wonderful view and a great performance to start with.I always like a sing song too and when i saw the young lads up there at first i thought no,but they were great.And when they sang twist and shout along with the southport fans that was just fantastic,so well done to both sets of fans.And also too absoleutly no problems in bar at half time,both sets of fans mixing happily,and reminded me of the ol days,terrific.So really pleased we made the change to the TBS only moan was there was no sky on in the bars tv but bloody KISS FM! So whoever is in charge please can this be sorted.
Great day and well done to john and the boys and great scenes after,long way to go but a great step in the right direction.COYD.